LCD dilemmas

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, im about to make my first LCD purchahse having recently moved in to a new flat. I will be sitting around 2.5-2.6m from the screen. I was toying with the idea of getting a Sony 40W4000, but im concerned that it will dominate the room - i know a lot of people like to get nice and close, and have the full cinema experience, but i just worry 40" will look too big.

So i have turned a degree of attention to the Panasonic LZD85, more specifically the 37" model which would appear to be the perfect size. Im just wondering if it will suit my needs or not though. Im likely to use the TV mostly with SD Virgin Media Box and an XBOX 360 (not hdmi capable). Im also planning on hooking up the set to a computer for general web browsing etc. Its this last point where i wonder whether this tv will be a suitable option, as im sure i have read some reports across the net that the Panny isnt great with computers. Can anyone shed some more light on this? Also, does this tv have picture in picture?

The other option i am considering is the Sony 32v4000, which is available at a great price currently. Its a bit smaller though obviously, and only does 720p as i understand it. Will i miss the 1080p on this set, specifically when using a computer? Or will 720p suffice? I know the 32w4000 is available, but at £200 more for a 32" set, i dont really think it is a worthwhile option.

Any input would be much appreciated. Getting a bit fed up looking now!

A

Anonymous

There is very little difference size wise between 37 and 40" TV. And when you do get it, you will appreciate the size and wouldnt want to trade down to a smaller one. So i would definitely discount 32" and go for 37 or 40"

There is the new Sony 40W4500 just out or if you want something cheaper there is the Panasonic 37PX80 plasma. Best Buy 37" on this site. Read the reviews in the Review Section.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts