Latest Marantz M-CR603 firmware update.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi chebby, how long did your update take to complete?

Mine is showing Authenticating for an hour now, I can't use the volume or change a source, what a pain |(

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Torres09 said:
Hi chebby, how long did your update take to complete?

Mine is showing Authenticating for an hour now, I can't use the volume or change a source, what a pain |(

About 2 minutes to authenticate then a 3 part download/update all of which took a lot less than the estimates shown on the display. About 20 minutes in total.

Next time you start the upgrade, wait for at least a few minutes after the prompt before pressing 'enter'.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Not that reason. I was looking to upgrade my sysytem recently and did not know which way to go.

Streamers are obviously the future, but I decided I just wanted to keep things simple....software updates?...internet problems?.....some HD tracks not actually being good quality. These are all problems I have seen on these forums in the last week alone.

Also I suppose I understand a CD player linked to an amp......with streamers there were so many options...all in ones etc etc. So i chose the easy option.....i did not intend in any way to come across as condescending, my apologies if you took it that way.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to chime in, and mention that my internet connection (via Comcast in SE Portland, OR) to Japan seemed to be quick enough for my firmware upgrade to work without a hitch/timing-out this evening; in addition, Airplay works now for me too! :)

A

Anonymous

My update went smoothly, as have the last 3 updates. I think the startup and navigation on menus appears faster than before. Acessing the music server seems a little quicker too.

Gapless flac file playback still seems missing which is the only update I'd really like to see.

A

Anonymous

My update went smoothly, as have the last 3 updates. I think the startup and navigation on menus appears faster than before. Acessing the music server seems a little quicker too.

Gapless flac file playback still seems missing which is the only update I'd really like to see.

A

Anonymous

Update seemed to download fine but now my airplay (from iPhone 4S) doesn't work. AirPlay icon goes blue for a couple of seconds then stops. Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

ajaxson said:
Update seemed to download fine but now my airplay (from iPhone 4S) doesn't work. AirPlay icon goes blue for a couple of seconds then stops. Any ideas?

Same here

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I tested AirPlay (using BBC iPlayer, iTunes and TuneIn Radio Pro) from my iPhone 4 and it all worked fine after the update.

I suggest you call Marantz (D&M) tech support tomorrow. It's what they are there for.

02890 279830

A

Anonymous

ajaxson said:

Spoke to Tech Support (Thanks Chebby) and they suggested re-initializing the CR603 which I did and now Airplay streams fine again.

To re-initialize:

1. Turn off the power using the ON/STANDBY button on the unit and unplug the mains power cable

2. Plug in the mains power cable WHILE pressing volume UP button and STOP button simultaneously

3. Make sure the NETWORK STANDBY is set to ON

LuniCycle

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Reply from Marantz UK

Thank you for your email.

This update addressed and improved things like:-

Text display on Internet radio,

Podcasts,

Network performance,

RDS text,

sound issues in relation to USB

Firmware update.

Kind regards,

Product Support (UK)

D&M Audiovisual Ltd.

Imperial House, 1st Floor T +44 2890279830

4-10 Donegall Square East F +44 2890312643

Belfast BT1 5HD

Northern Ireland www.dm-holdings.com

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade firmware manually (offline mode with USB)?

Any body know where to download the lastest firmware for M-CR603?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Any body know where to download the latest firmware for M-CR603?

:help:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
myants said:
Hi,

Any body know where to download the lastest firmware for M-CR603?

:help:
It's best have the unit connected to your router with ethernet, then any pending updates will automatically alert you when you power on.

If you don't want/need the Marantz to be connected to your network (or can't) then I assume you don't need the updates either. The CD player and FM/DAB tuner and built in DAC will function fine without them.

TRENDING THREADS