Latest Apps?

SteveR750

I'm going to buy the paid for version of power amp when I get round to syncing flac files to my phone, but having just upgraded spotify to premium this seems somewhat redundant, given I don't use the phone for serious listening - only when travelling

A

Anonymous

Thanks chaps - keep them coming. The Android 'best sellers paid' or 'best selling free' ones are so puerile it is unbelievable..........I'm sure the 'staff choice' and 'editors choice' just are paid to advertise them too.

A

Anonymous

An app called Spool is fantastic, i think its still in its beta stages but you can download it for free and it is perfect.

If your like me and dont use 3g on the go as it costs money its ideal.

Bascially it enables you to download and save youtube videos or webpages to your phone for offline use. Firstly i download the video first via wi-fi at home and save it to the phone. Then when im out and about i can watch the video whenever i like at no cost

A

Anonymous

Interesting on Chris. Think I'll take a look at that one......

Any more?

SteveR750

my top 10 most useful FWIW:

GTask

Gizmo

Note Everything

Lookout

Dropbox

British Gas

British Airways

Ebay

Spotify

TV Guide

Alarm Clock (which is anally detailed, a real geeks alarm clock!)

in no particular order, and only a couple "new" for me.....

A

Anonymous

Oooo, nice one Steve. Thanks for that.
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Steve, can I ask which alarm clock it is please? There are a plethora of alarm clocks on market. :) Thanks.

SteveR750

This one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock

It even has a maths setting, a puzzle that you have to complete to switch the alarm off! I find the ability to change the snooze interval at each snooze is useful, though you can spend hours waking up....

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.audiogalaxy&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hdWRpb2dhbGF4eSJd

Audiogalaxy.

Plays music from your PC to your phone via the internet. Looks interesting.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, looks interesting my little green friend.
smiley-cool.gif

For any Samsung owners, Kies Air is a great way to access your phone via your PC wirelessly. Not sure if it works on non Samsung - doubt it.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
SMS Backup+

I recently had to wipe my phone and lost SMSs

Just installed this app, it works great (backs up SMS automatically to GMAIL)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&hl=en

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
May I suggest the most excellent "n7player" if you want the best audio player available on Android.

I know, I've tried them all, this one not only sounds the best but the way it displays the artwork is, well, a work of art.
And it's available for free right now . . . .

SteveR750

Tonya said:
May I suggest the most excellent "n7player" if you want the best audio player available on Android.

I know, I've tried them all, this one not only sounds the best but the way it displays the artwork is, well, a work of art.

Have just downloaded it. Haver got a trip to Brazil coming up whihc will test how good it is, but initial impression of its layout are good!

daveh75

Tonya said:

Tried it a while ago and think its **** personally, find the UI annoying and doesn't play flac. I'll stick with poweramp

SteveR750

daveh75 said:
Tonya said:

Tried it a while ago and think its **** personally, find the UI annoying and doesn't play flac. I'll stick with poweramp

I've got both installed, but havent yet managed to sync any flac files to my phone from J River yet....

Most of my phone music is now spotify offline.

Like your avatar btw. I still yearn for a Strada 130TC, ugly but fun.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Horses for courses I guess
smiley-cool.gif

Maybe I should have said I've tried most players as there's new ones popping up all the time.
As for my avatar, I really do actually look like that!

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Horses for courses I guess
smiley-cool.gif

Maybe I should have said I've tried most players as there's new ones popping up all the time.
As for my avatar, I really do actually look like that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts