Last call for Andy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Andy should read Arcam Muso/Logo speakers (860 quid). This was in ref to early post were you recommended the tannoy F1 or MA BR2 over the Kef3005SE. The Muso/Logo was offered by the agent as alternative to the KEF`s as stock has still not arrived. Neither has the Tannoy or MA yet they are supposed to be here mid month. I went down the CD + HDDVD route until the blu-ray cost and availability is sorted. Taken time now have the Onkyo SR605, Marantz CD 6002 and Toshiba EP35. Just got the Onkyo and marantz out the box and found the power plugs are two pin. Dubai is 3 pin same as UK.The Onkyo power plug is wired internal of the machine the other end has a two pin plug. The Marantz comes with a loose lead both ends are two pin. Will the mains power leads be an issue. Systems hook up. Onkyo SR605 to TV v HDMI cable. Sat & HDDVD to SR605 v HDMI cable.Marantz CD6002 to Onkyo SR605 v digital audio.I have seen the Sony HDMI 1.3 any good.Look sorry to be a pain but I nearly have my system sorted and need advice on these last three questions. 1. Is the Muso/Logo a good deal. 2. Will the mains power cable be an issue? 3. Am I correct with the hook up & which brand do you recommend.

A

Anonymous

Thought I would revive this thread for one more try then let it die. Just three questions as posted above I need advice if someone would be so kind to help.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, your post seems to have got buried in the system somewhere. So, to answer your questions:

1) Yes, the Muso/Logo is a good deal.

2) No, the mains cable shouldn't be a problem. All you need is a two-pin to three-pin adapter to plug it into.

3) Hook up sounds OK, as for HDMI cable don't know about the Sony, but I'd recommend the QED Qunex HDMI-P cable (£50) or Chord Co Silver Plus HDMI 1.3A (£83) if you can find them in Dubai.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
2) Or even better, cut the two-pin plugs off and fit three-pin ones.

3) If it's the Sony DLC-HD10G, it got three stars in the March issue, marked down for poor value against its rivals. I'd go for the Chord, myself, if you can find it.

A

Anonymous

Just one question. Do I go the digital optical or digital coaxial for the CD player?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
For preference, I'd go from the Marantz to the receiver in analogue stereo, as that will give you the best sound. But if you really want to go digital, coaxial/electrical.

A

Anonymous

Andrew is the analogue stereo connection only good for play back in stereo being the surround speaker system will be KEF, Arcam, Tannoy or MA (stocks still to arrive) i.e. there not floor standers or will this be good for both stereo and 5.1 play back? You don`t know how lucky you are in the UK when buying new equipment try overseas will need to import again.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, but then the CD player only works in stereo. You can use the receiver's Pro-Logic processing to give a surround effect from CDs if you like, but it's not exactly purist...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts