Larger IPod Touch Capacity

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, so I've just completed a mammoth ripping session of my entire CD collection to iTunes in Apple lossless. In total that's around 100GB of music. It's taken me ages, but I'm very happy with the quality especially as I'm now routing everything through the DACMagic and there's a noticeable increase in quality.

I also have a 5 year old 5th generation 30GB model iPod. However, the battery is almost dead and of course I can't fit all of my shiny new lossless files onto it. I know the max size of the new iPod classic is 160GB and this would fit great with the size of my music collection. However, I really like the idea of an iPod Touch (downloadable apps, wifi, remote control to iTunes), but the max size is currently 64GB.

The question is does anyone know if Apple are likely to release a new high capacity iPod Touch soon which will fit my music collection, or should I be happy with a big fat iPod classic and anyway the Touch stuff is really just gimmicks......?

John Duncan

No, the Touch is genius. It's possibly the best thing in the world ever. No, really.

However - I'd argue that 100gig of music is an awful lot to carry around with you - I can live on about 500 songs at a time - so why not set up some playlists (or do autofill) and just sync when required?

A

Anonymous

What exactly does autofill do? Is it going to take the most played songs from iTunes or is there some more intelligence to it?

I'm basically a bit wary of anything which turns into a bit of a faff, resulting in me never using the functionality.

John Duncan

It just takes a random selection of music from either your entire library or a playlist, and fills up the available space on your iPod.

I find it much better having a subset on my 8gig touch than I did a whole load on my 15gig 3rd gen. "Nope - fast forward; nope - fast forward; nope - fast forward (etc)".

A

Anonymous

If you have enough space on your hard drive, what about having 320kbs files on your ipod and have the lossless files for your DAC magic. That's sort of what I do but I stream to a AE.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts