legoyoda:

ear:I also like Girls Aloud..

Don't we all?

Especially with the sound down!
emotion-5.gif

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
oh yes. I obtained a couple of girls Aloud albums for the wife on her request. Theye really do sound poor on a decent hi-fi. actually better in the car. even with all of them singing together its weak IMO.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Let us have a minute's silence to mourn the passing of Taste. ;-)

thats what i thought gf bought it but i was surprised for sure! has the right amount of excitement and as said sounds pretty good

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:

thats what i thought gf bought it but i was surprised for sure! has the right amount of excitement and as said sounds pretty good

Haha.... Didn't mean anything by it, just kidding. I shudder to think what other people would say about some of the stuff I listen to...... As good as it is!

;-)

A

Anonymous

IN OTHER NEWS!!!

How about a bit of variety in this thread?:), I would link directly to it, but I am at work and youtube is banned.

go on youtube and do a search for 'chinese arithmatic' by Faith no More, live at donnington park download festival this year.

At the beginning of the song you get a bit of Gaga's Poker Face done Mike Patton Stylie..., IIRC the video is listed as poker face so simply 'faith no more poker face' will probably do...

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

It's been a while since Mr Gallagher passed! Surprised anyone remembers.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I laughed out loud at reading Big Chris's comment about the 'passing of taste' as I was thinking the same thing. Then......

I listened to The Fame on Spotify - it really is "surprisingly good" BIG emphasis on surprising as she appears to be a right muppet on telly. Even more impressive is the sound quality of Spotify through my Samson StudioDock USB monitor speakers - awesome.

I have completely removed my soundcard from PC as the speakers connect via USB utilising their own DAC. Amazing quality for the size and price.

Anyway back to decent music soon. Not going to say what, for fear of ridicule LOL.

A

Anonymous

I like it far too much for a 40 year old bloke... ! If you like this, also try Little Boots, with Hands - she's definitely the "British Lady Ga Ga" and even shares writers on one track.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm 40 too. Maybe a mid life crisis looming which could explain the appeal of Gaga. I'm normally into Killers, Kasabian, Faithless, Depeche Mode, Prince etc. i.e. Real people playing real stuff..

nads

Alex_UK:I like it far too much for a 40 year old bloke... ! If you like this, also try Little Boots, with Hands - she's definitely the "British Lady Ga Ga" and even shares writers on one track.

Little Boots is playing now. Might have to have a listen to Ms Gagas album.

Xanderzdad:I'm 40 too. Maybe a mid life crisis looming
which could explain the appeal of Gaga. I'm normally into Killers,
Kasabian, Faithless, Depeche Mode, Prince etc. i.e. Real people playing
real stuff..

just like me.

shado:

I've been informed by primary school pupils that Lady Gaga is a ****.

I am glad I was more innocent at their age.

there are worse things being said about Her. ;)

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how I know this I promise.I might not yet be 40 but at 30 i have suddenly acquired an appreciation for my father in laws volvo and the c.d currently spinning is cannonball adderly,somethin else.I'm getting married in 5 weeks and counting to the the love of my life .Mr Everard will confirm that my last post was in respect to berlioz's march to the scaffold for mr Duncan from the symphonie fantastique .However lady gaga's been wrongly labelled a **** as a result of a lyric and i quote 'bluffin with my muffin' from her song 'pokerface'.Apparently her poker face is that as she makes love to her boyfriend she fantasizes about women.Hence bluffin with my muffin.Not quite Jane Austin but at least a little poetic.By the way i am personally far from homophopic or musical snobbery.I grew up in inner city Dublin,love all music and love all people who can love.

Hopefully shining a light

Coola the hoola boola.

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
By the way another album for the lads to buy for their other halves is nelly furtado, 'loose'.That one album greased the way for a pair of atlas equator 2 interconnects and a dac magic..sonically rocks

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Meat and two veg category......

oops I know what that is like meeting some convincing gorgeous people at Singapore only to be told by my older counterparts they are not what they appear way back in 1988.
emotion-10.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Alex_UK:I like it far too much for a 40 year old bloke... ! If you like this, also try Little Boots, with Hands - she's definitely the "British Lady Ga Ga" and even shares writers on one track.

Oooh, come on, that's massively insulting to Little Boots! At least she sings, my biggest problem with Lady Gaga is she does that rubbish rapping very similar to Gwen Stefani, there's no tune, you can't sing or even hum along to the "tunes" because there aren't any.

Lady Ga Ga just isn't catchy enough for electropop.

A

Anonymous

As little as I like 'processed pop', Lady Ga Ga writes some really fantastic tunes.

The_lhc, no disrespect, but if you listen to some of Lady GaGa's live acoustic stuff you will see that Little Boots is not in the same league, vocally. The track on Radio 1's 'Live Lounge' compilation was particularly good (I was doubly impressed to learn that she is playing the piano in it as well!).

The 'rapping' as you put it is mostly just a bit of fun and added novelty value. Which sums her up as a persona really - huge novely value underpinned by a surprisingly large amount of talent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts