Kudos X2 - Set-up Wrong or Bass Light?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning all... Having survived redundancy I treated myself to a more than I could really afford set-up of a Naimuniti complete with Kudos X2 speakers. I tried several speakers and bizarrely and unbeknown to myself I was at the manufacturer of the Kudos range. As with the holy grail in Indiana Jones; I picked a reasonably unnoticeable pair of speakers in my choice which happened to be the proto-type to the X2. The punch in bass and clarity for the Ambient music I listen to worked a treat. The more bass intense tracks stood out and I was very impressed and ordered. The kit arrived and between ordering the X2 and the eventual release there was a minor upgrade, but I am very, very proud to have the reference on the back as them being first of the production line, but..... It is 18-months down the line and have them set-up without the metal floor stand units and with both speakers at differing distances from a wall. I am preying that my set-up for the speakers is really poor, but I am so down over this that I really need some help and understanding on how wrong the set-up is as it stands or if this is purely the speaker issue. 3 out of 3 friends have commented that there is no bass and spoils the experience making me very paranoid. The guy (absolutely spot on and would recommend to anyone) is coming out next week to connect to the proper arrangement and naim-cables, but I would like some knowledge beforehand to ask the right questions. I know(?) it is the set-up, but maybe just need an arm round the shoulder moment. Room dimension LxWxH : 4.5mx3.7mx4m = about 60m3. Flooring : laminated Furniture : 2 sofas and a cabinet with DVD player and PS3 on shelves. Many, many thanks for any opinions and suggestions.

A

Anonymous

Unsure why the breaks in paragraph have not shown from my input. Sorry on the presentation.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Naim and Kudos x2 should be a good match.

Are they on a suspended floor, by any chance?

How far from the wall/corner are they?

Have you tried spikes with spike shoes underneath?

beergut

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When you say that you have them setup without the metal floor stand units, do you mean without the plinths

that where supplied with the speakers.

If so then this might be the problem as Kudos X2 has a port that exits the bottom of the speaker.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Indeed, the Kudos website says exactly that. 18 months of bass-less-ness...
doh.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
beergut said:
When you say that you have them setup without the metal floor stand units, do you mean without the plinths

that where supplied with the speakers.

If so then this might be the problem as Kudos X2 has a port that exits the bottom of the speaker.

Great first post Beergut.... and you are almost certainly right. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts