kontak audio cleaning fluid

• Thread starter Deleted member 188516
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188516

does anybody use the kontak audio cleaning fluid and does anybody know what the actual liquid is ?
can it be bought in bulk a lot cheaper ?
it seems to come highly recommended :-

D

Deleted member 188516

I used to but it's expensive. Don't know what is in it. I now use this:-

However, I am reliably informed, this stuff is just as good.

thanks for the quick reply / details.
i can imagine the kontak product can be bought in bulk, a lot cheaper, from some where !

Almost all products sold in small quantities seem extortionate. What about turntable bearing oil - a few drops of gearbox or engine oil; or stylus cleaner - a few drops of isopropyl alcohol?
At least it’s not inkjet printer ink, at more cost than the finest champagne per ml!

On the actual question, Deoxit is the only product I’ve ever bought, so can’t compare. I think it’s important to be clear exactly what you propose to use it for. E.g. to improve a crackly volume pot, or to wipe inside a socket.

Gray

I bought a bottle of isopropanol from Amazon, a couple of years ago, £8.99 a litre https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003D8QFR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Useful for many cleaning jobs and leaves no residue.
A chemist once asked me, "What do you want it for?" as if I was planning to drink it :rolleyes: .
It's the official tape head cleaner - though in my Service Dept days we were given methylated spirits and an old rag - but only because the boss was tight - not recommended.

(There were some ridiculous prices online for IPA recently when people were using it as an ingredient in hand cleaners).

D

Deleted member 108165

A chemist once asked me, "What do you want it for?" as if I was planning to drink it :rolleyes: .
It's the official tape head cleaner - though in my Service Dept days we were given methylated spirits and an old rag - but only because the boss was tight - not recommended.

(There were some ridiculous prices online for IPA recently when people were using it as an ingredient in hand cleaners).
I use it for my home brew LP cleaning solution, but it has so many uses where zero residue is preferred. If and when Covid finally decides to b-off the prices will stabilise again.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts