pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Check her other items for sale that is the one I bought
emotion-1.gif

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why they listed each of them separately with bids at £20 and Buy it now at £20? Not too worried I have a Hopefully new Antistat for £20 and looks like it has all the accessories and Fluid.

John Duncan

Get down boots and buy some sterilised water and some isopropyl alcohol. Mix them four to one and add a drop of detergent (best is Ilfotol wetting agent from photographic supplier, but no-additive washing up liquid will do at a push).

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I will have to borrow a book from a friend at work, I had it a while back and it was a collection of articles on related to vinyl and TT's one of them related to cleaning solutions and had a section about chemicals that were used to combat static, if I get anything I will let you know.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip-off.

I have ordered one. There is one left!

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
pwiles1968:
Any idea what the anti static additive is in the Knosti fluid?

if you really want to know JD was close. Basically an antistatic agent usually consists of no more than a detergent capable of carrying and dissipating an electric charge, usually phosphate esters They work in two ways:- i) they attract moisture from the atmosphere and/or they conduct the charge away themselves. Never,Never use the likes of Fairy liquid they contain salt in order to thicken them. Note water/isopropanol is not a long term antistat, it functions as a cleaning agent with good surface wetting which means the disc will be cleaned and the charge discharged to the cleaning cloth.

A

Anonymous

I went and bought the last one today... and then e-mailed the seller to ask if they had any more

they had 9 left so I bought another 4... leaving 5.

Which she is listing tonight....

last chance people..... Blimey! 2 have sold already...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
mjs:pwiles1968:
Any idea what the anti static additive is in the Knosti fluid?

if you really want to know JD was close. Basically an antistatic agent usually consists of no more than a detergent capable of carrying and dissipating an electric charge, usually phosphate esters They work in two ways:- i) they attract moisture from the atmosphere and/or they conduct the charge away themselves. Never,Never use the likes of Fairy liquid they contain salt in order to thicken them. Note water/isopropanol is not a long term antistat, it functions as a cleaning agent with good surface wetting which means the disc will be cleaned and the charge discharged to the cleaning cloth.

...so if Fairy is a no-no, any ideas what would be a good one?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine arrived really quickly seems like a good seller, and a bargain price it is still on the side not used it yet, will have to have a serious session though have around 50 LP's to clean,

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:

...so if Fairy is a no-no, any ideas what would be a good one?

Some of that eco stuff,or anything without any nasties in it. And this wetting agent thats oft bandied around is just to break up the surface tension of the water,but beware cos some of it has vinyl eating chemicals in it.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
pwiles1968:I will have to borrow a book from a friend at work, I had it a while back and it was a collection of articles on related to vinyl and TT's one of them related to cleaning solutions and had a section about chemicals that were used to combat static, if I get anything I will let you know.

Apparently What is required is a very small amount of "cationic surfactant" no brands were mentioned specifically but a search brings up some things on Wiki, also if you search for "cationic surfactant static record cleaner" brings up a couple of interesting items.

When I mentioned cationic surfactant to a friend at work he said - Dishwasher Rinse Aid.

A

Anonymous

I can barely believe how good this is! Having used a friend's loricraft, I obviously needed a device to help me into clean listening, but without the hefty price tag.

I must have got one of the last of that sellers £24 inc. postage jobbies. It's like gaining music, loads of old charity-shop jazz albums have gained a new lease of life, just from a quick spin!

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to Paul for pointing this bargain out. One should be arriving on my doorstep next week. Cant wait. Its amazing how filthy and crackly some of these new 200gm pressings can be let allone charity shop bargains!

John Duncan

fatboyslimfast:Oooo... (rushes off to kitchen...)

I should have thought of that. It has less gunk in it than washing up liquid, and serves exactly the same purpose. I shall try it in my next batch - which will be soon as I just acquired 50 or so records that look like this:

IMG_6207.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts