Knosti disco anti stat record cleaner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Anyone tried their own homebrew cleaning fluid after their original Knosti fluid ran out? What was your experience?

I've just made some up from deionised water, isopropyl alcohol (both from CPC Farnell) and Ecover rinse aid as a wetting agent, but it doesn't seem as easy to use as the original Knosti fluid.

My mix (roughly 3.5:1 + splash of Ecover) is more viscous and doesn't seem to flow off the record as easily, and I've had to add a clean (deionised) water final rinse to the procedure - otherwise there seems to be some residue left on the vinyl.

I may try the photographic wetting agent as an alternative and see if that is more effective at helping the solution run off. At the moment, any excess liquid to tends to 'bead', like water droplets on a car that's been waxed.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Hammond Jake: Anyone tried their own homebrew cleaning fluid after their original Knosti fluid ran out? What was your experience?

I have been using L'Art du Son and have found results to be at least as good as the original Knosti fluid. Admitedly it's not cheap initially, but considering that the £28 bottle of fluid is added to a gallon of deionised water (Knosti refills cost about £20 for a 2 pint bottle) it's a cheaper alternative (about £7 for 2 pints) that works well.

TRENDING THREADS