Klipsch x20i vs Etymotic er4 vs Jays q-JAYS

yurii

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.I've bought the A&K AK70 and also would like to buy new earphones. I'm choosing between these three: 1. Klipsch x20i;2. Etymotic er4;3. Jays q-JAYS; All of them are reference earphones, the design and form-factor for me are pretty the same, also all of them has balanced armature driver (one or two). I guess, the build quality in all these earphones are also great. So what would you recomend? :)

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I would personally choose the Etymotic's. I have owned them previously and they are superb albeit a little bass shy. They are very accurate and will show up poorly recorded music. With a bass adjustment they sound amazing.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Where does one go to audition anything but budget headphones? Even more than speakers, headphones are really personal things, and if you've already narrowed your choice down to three models, there's no one alive can tell you which you will prefer. But finding somewhere which stocks the models you want to compare, and which will let you listen to them, especially in ear models, is the challenge.

yurii

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks rich51080 and MajorFubar for your answers. rich51080 - the Etymotic are really hard to find in stock to buy, not to mention to test )). But I heard only positive comments about them. Do you think, that EQ in AK70 will be enough to tune the bass if I will need it? MajorFubar - you're totaly right - it is a challange to find them to test. Thats why I'm looking for someone who has some experience with them )

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
yurii said:
Thanks rich51080 and MajorFubar for your answers. rich51080 - the Etymotic are really hard to find in stock to buy, not to mention to test )). But I heard only positive comments about them. Do you think, that EQ in AK70 will be enough to tune the bass if I will need it? MajorFubar - you're totaly right - it is a challange to find them to test. Thats why I'm looking for someone who has some experience with them )

If the AK70 EQ isn't enough, you might try different eartips, since they affect bass a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts