klipsch rp 500m vs Q Acoustics 3030i

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello lovely audio people.

Does anyone know how the klipsch rp 500m's compare to the Q Acoustics 3030i, in sound signature and overall quality of sound?

I've heard the Q Acoustics but am extremely unlikely to find a place to listen to the Klipsch.

I enjoyed the Q's, soundstage seemed good, bass was reasonable, just maybe didn't have quite the level of 'detail' in the sound. Just wondered how the Klipsch would compare as I've heard they have good dynamics so this might scratch my inch for 'detail' a little more. By detail i mean articulate little nuances, which I understand is probably bought out alot through highs/treble and I know Klipsch has a rep for.

Maybe someone can suggest a speaker like the 3030i's qualities with a little more detail?

Thanks a bunch!

Not heard the Klipsch but would suggest any speakers designed for home theatre are not going to be ideal in a stereo set-up, just my opinion of course.
I would suggest you keep your list of choices to items you can actually get to audition.
Perhaps someone will be along to suggest others that might improve on those 3030i's

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not heard the Klipsch but would suggest any speakers designed for home theatre are not going to be ideal in a stereo set-up, just my opinion of course.
I would suggest you keep your list of choices to items you can actually get to audition.
Perhaps someone will be along to suggest others that might improve on those 3030i's
Hey many thanks for your reply! You know what i didn't even realise they were geared towards home cinema. I did see other forums where considering them for home cinema but out of all the reviews/videos i've watched i don't recall anyone specifically saying they were designed for that, weird.

I've just looked at the official Klipsch site and sure enough it speaks of cinema sound on that particular model. Is this the case for the whole Reference Premiere series then, or just the 500m? Their site doesn't seem to provide me with a definitive answer.

Thanks again Al ears

rainsoothe

Elac Debut 5.2 or 6.2, or Wharfedale Diamond 225 or Dali Oberon3 might be a nice middle ground between the two. All Klipsch speakers I heard are indeed detailed but shouty, and would only work well with warm sounding tube gear (imo).

Reactions: Al ears

daytona600

Not heard the RP500M but next model up RP600M use myself in office system & outstanding speaker for the money
Klipsch need to be driven with very high quality source & amps as very revealing speaker
they can be forward & shouty only if not driven correctly with right components can compare to speakers at 20 times the price

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Elac Debut 5.2 or 6.2, or Wharfedale Diamond 225 or Dali Oberon3 might be a nice middle ground between the two. All Klipsch speakers I heard are indeed detailed but shouty, and would only work well with warm sounding tube gear (imo).
Hi, many thanks for your reply. I haven't managed to heard the Elac's but have been considering them. However I did hear that they offer a very neutral sound (true to recording) and can sometimes come off a bit flat, would you say that's accurate compared to the 3030i's? I listened to the Dali Spektor 2 and enjoyed them, I was hoping for good reviews a little higher up their line but on this site the Oberon 3 didn't do so well.

Your notes on the Klipsch from what I've heard I'd have to agree with. Do you have a suggested amp for the 600m?

Thanks again

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not heard the RP500M but next model up RP600M use myself in office system & outstanding speaker for the money
Klipsch need to be driven with very high quality source & amps as very revealing speaker
they can be forward & shouty only if not driven correctly with right components can compare to speakers at 20 times the price
Hi, thanks for your reply/info. I think the 600m may be a tad out of my price range unless I can find a good deal on them. I've read that the 600m is a very efficient speaker so can be driven on lower powered amps and sound quite good, do you feel this is not the case then? Or as you say is it more about getting the right equipment to combat the very shouty, trebly sound? I'd be grateful to hear which amp you feel works best?

Thanks!

rainsoothe

For what it's worth, I think you should only buy stuff that you actually heard yourself, so if you like something, just go for it. Also, take reviews with a pinch of salt, they're highly subjective, and only reflect the preferences of the reviewer. For instance, I heard the Cyrus One HD (which has the same amplification section as the Cyrus One Cast) and these are by no means 3 or 4 star products, they are very, very good. And just to prove me right, the Cast got 3 stars in whf, and 5 in HiFi Choice. Or WHF loves Rega amps, but they're just "meh" for me. So on and so forth.

What are your source and amplification, by the way?

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For what it's worth, I think you should only buy stuff that you actually heard yourself, so if you like something, just go for it. Also, take reviews with a pinch of salt, they're highly subjective, and only reflect the preferences of the reviewer. For instance, I heard the Cyrus One HD (which has the same amplification section as the Cyrus One Cast) and these are by no means 3 or 4 star products, they are very, very good. And just to prove me right, the Cast got 3 stars in whf, and 5 in HiFi Choice. Or WHF loves Rega amps, but they're just "meh" for me. So on and so forth.

What are your source and amplification, by the way?
Hi, thanks for your comment.

Yes I get you, I know it's silly to speculate whether you'll like something from other people's opinions as taste in sound is very subjective. I guess I was looking for a positive consensus from multiple sources to see if certain speakers really stand out across the board, but any how, listening with a persons own taste and own ears is certainly the way to do it.

Source will be streamed audio (Spotify) and vinyl (Marantz TT5005)

I need to get an amp, i'm looking around the £200-£300 mark.

I was suggested the Onkyo a-9010 to pair with the Q 3030i's from a staff member at Richer Sounds

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I did not hear the Klipsch you mention, but the RP-160M. It had better resolution and bit better soundstage. But, I have now for 2 month the 3030i and it is a very solid performer, great to listen during long hours. It goes deep in bass, has a nice mid range. The high notes are nice too, but could be more forward sounding. I am an Elac guy, but the Debut is so-so. A used Dynaudio 2/6 or Emit 10 could be nice too.

D

Deleted member 116933

If you have the money buy both pairs and keeps the ones you like It’s what I’ve done in the past. Just ring the place you buy them from and find out about there return policy first. If your buying from a dealer on online they will normally allow this.

Klipsch are a very exciting listen and QA a lot smoother. There aren’t many speakers on the market that act like the Klipsch. They’ll get your foot tapping a lot more than other speakers that’s for sure.

Don’t buy blind unless you have done a load of reading and your absolutely sure that have the attributes you like.

scene

Hi, thanks for your comment.

Yes I get you, I know it's silly to speculate whether you'll like something from other people's opinions as taste in sound is very subjective. I guess I was looking for a positive consensus from multiple sources to see if certain speakers really stand out across the board, but any how, listening with a persons own taste and own ears is certainly the way to do it.

Source will be streamed audio (Spotify) and vinyl (Marantz TT5005)

I need to get an amp, i'm looking around the £200-£300 mark.

I was suggested the Onkyo a-9010 to pair with the Q 3030i's from a staff member at Richer Sounds
Have you heard the Q3030i's with the Onkyo? If not, as you're looking to buy both the amp and the speakers, you should try to. And try it with other speaker choices.

As you've got £200-£300 for an amp, have you considered the Marantz PM6006 - it can be had for about £330 - but I have seen offers coming in just under £300. Actually Curry's have a deal on for the UK-tuned PM6006 at £299.97 here which is a good price for a fantastic amp - should pair well with you TT,

One thing: the Onkyo a9010 doesn't have wifi/bluetooth (actually, tbh, neither does the PM6006) - how're you going to stream spotify to the amp?

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Have you heard the Q3030i's with the Onkyo? If not, as you're looking to buy both the amp and the speakers, you should try to. And try it with other speaker choices.

As you've got £200-£300 for an amp, have you considered the Marantz PM6006 - it can be had for about £330 - but I have seen offers coming in just under £300. Actually Curry's have a deal on for the UK-tuned PM6006 at £299.97 here which is a good price for a fantastic amp - should pair well with you TT,

One thing: the Onkyo a9010 doesn't have wifi/bluetooth (actually, tbh, neither does the PM6006) - how're you going to stream spotify to the amp?
Hey thanks for advice. I tried the new Monitor Audio Bronze 50's the other day and was quite impressed by them. I'm going into Richer sounds today to try the bigger 100 model and the older Bronze 2. I will likely purchase one of these.

That's a very good price on the Marantz amp, really appreciate you sourcing that link. Can i ask a question about amps. Richer Sounds advised that the Cambridge AXA35 would be sufficient to power both the Bronze 2's & 100's but as they are only 35w and the monitor audio says 'recommenced 30w - 100w' I wasn't sure.
Also, and sorry this is quite a wide question, but do certain amp manufactures have 'house sounds' like generally some aim to produce 'punchier' amps and others 'warmer/more subtle'?

With the streaming issue, i was thinking of buying a separate bluetooth transmitter but thinking about it i'd probably prefer to have it all integrated. Budget up to £400/450.

Sorry for the splurge. Might do separate post about bluetooth amps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts