Klipsch, cool or boring?

AJM1981

I don't really know what to think of Klipsch. Yes, they have the legendary La Scala's on their name among with some great stuff in the upper region.

In the lower region the Klipsch RP 500M was on my list for a while when I eventually went for the Wharfedale Evo 4.2. However, the Rp500M might still be an option for the master bedroom in tbe future.

Though there is something that I dislike about Klipsch and that is the "Klipsch everywhere" approach. Yes, they have a flagship but they also seem to produce loads of doubtful variations on that black box with orange discs that I don't know if I should mark them being cool or plain boring in the affordable, yet still overpriced regions.

manicm

They’re definitely not overpriced, not the Reference or Reference Premier series anyway.

I‘m thinking of getting a pair purely for a required bright sound and sensitivity.

They may be kitsch, but never boring.

D

Deleted member 116933

I only have experience with the heritage line. Boring they arnt. But I get why people may dislike them. There unapologetically upfront with a sound that if you’re open minded gets its hooks into you. They have an old school way of thinking in there sound and you have to lean into that. Amps dacs everything.

Give them a go a listen have some fun that’s what there all about.

Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

I am kind of on a 'bang for buck' way when it comes to the master bedroom. Currently I have a set of Madisons and the Arylic A50 which are great for what they are . A local electronics store currently has the Klipsch Rp500m for testing but not for a reasonable price. I had a listen to the RB81 before for the same setup when they didnt have the 500m but that one sounded worse than my 75 euro's Madisons (which perform way above their price tag) . I expect the 500ms to sound better, but since I would most likely not buy them there I might also not test them there :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 116933

I am kind of on a 'bang for buck' way when it comes to the master bedroom. Currently I have a set of Madisons and the Arylic A50 which are great for what they are . A local electronics store currently has the Klipsch Rp500m for testing but not for a reasonable price. I had a listen to the RB81 before for the same setup when they didnt have the 500m but that one sounded worse than my 75 euro's Madisons (which perform way above their price tag) . I expect the 500ms to sound better, but since I would most likely not buy them there I might also not test them there :)

Completely different beast are the 500m’s. But it’s up to you. You sound happy with what you have

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts