Klipsch 2.1 THX opinion

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I purchased 3 months ago the Klipsch 2.1 THX computer speaker system. They were available for 80$ dollars on Costco. I thought it was a good deal. I was a little bit it scared of buying them, since Klipsch has a reputation for very bright and sharp sound in some products (I can confirm this myself). Overall, I have enjoyed a lot the sound quality, bass is enough, midrange is wonderfully clear (specially vocals) and it doesn't feel very bright. The other day I did a test comparing CD vs MQA, using my laptop integrated DAC, and I could notice some differences. I don't know if is has to do with the processing or the speakers actually revealed that bass nuance. With that said, if you have own this product please let me know your thoughts. The good thing is that I'm just 17 so I should pretty good listening capabilities.

D

Deleted member 108165

It would appear that the difference is due to processing.

D

Deleted member 188533

Your laptop is using software to decode the MQA, it's not doing full hardware decoding. That being said there's very little difference.

Those Klipsch 2.1 speakers are a very good choice for plug and play computer speakers with a 'fun' tune. They'll fill a room surprisingly well. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to compare formats with them because they aren't really made for that. Instead put on some music you like, crank it up and enjoy.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Your laptop is using software to decode the MQA, it's not doing full hardware decoding. That being said there's very little difference.

Those Klipsch 2.1 speakers are a very good choice for plug and play computer speakers with a 'fun' tune. They'll fill a room surprisingly well. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to compare formats with them because they aren't really made for that. Instead put on some music you like, crank it up and enjoy.
So what you say is that MQA core vs CD is pretty similar even in a high reavealing system? There is so much information about MQA being bad or good, I'm kind a confused. Thanks for the advice.

D

Deleted member 188533

I don't find MQA to be any better than CD. To my ears doing A-B, volume matched comparison Amazon's 24/96 and up uncompressed high res stream sounds the 'best'. It also has a terrible interface and it uses almost half my slow internet connection so for now I'm sticking with Tidal.

It also very much depends on the original music and how it was mastered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts