Kitchen set up

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Am looking at getting two ceiling speakers, a sub woofer and an amp with a dock or streaming facilities. Any advice please. Kitchen is very large about 40ft x 20ft. was looking at the denon CEOL Piccolo or something in that vain. looking at around a grand but more isn't a problem.

iMark

mcjwalters said:
Am looking at getting two ceiling speakers, a sub woofer and an amp with a dock or streaming facilities. Any advice please. Kitchen is very large about 40ft x 20ft. was looking at the denon CEOL Piccolo or something in that vain. looking at around a grand but more isn't a problem.

I don't think there are any good ceiling speakers. I've heard a ceiling system in a friends' kitchen but I wasn't impressed. We have a couple of old Mission 760i speakers in the kitchen, connected to the stereo in the living room. (Previous owners had speaker cabling put in everywhere). That sounds pretty good as speaker set B from the stereo receiver. It's good fun that we can listen to the record player in the kitchen.

I think this article makes a lot of sense:

http://clearviewaudio.com/blogs/blog/12240893-are-in-wall-or-in-ceiling-speakers-any-good

If you can have proper speakers, don't bother with in wall or in ceiling speakers.

Maybe you could look into a Sonos based system, but without the ceiling speakers.

jjbomber

mcjwalters said:

Naim Mu-so might be worth a shout. What sources are you using? Are you going to add a DVD/flatscreen?

The other thing I would look at is where you will be listening from. Is there a desired sweetspot, such as the dining table?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Depending on what source you want to use I would suggest an Apple AEX into a second hand pair of AVI ADM9 speakers streaming music straight from your phone/tablet/computer/NAS.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Ceiling speakers will not be enough for that size room. Unless you buy used I don't think you will get what you want for £1k. I think wall mounted speakers would be better than ceiling ones. How far from the speakers will you be seated when listening.

TRENDING THREADS