KEF X300A or DAC + some other speakers???

T

the record spot

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do you mean you have an amp already, for your latter solution, or do you mean other active speakers that don't have an onboard DAC?

jazzisdrum

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an amp. All I have is laptop and a pair of cheap active speakers :) . Want to upgrade my sound system and got a $1200 budget. Laptop + DAC+ speakers OR Laptop + X300A OR Laptop + ........................? Any suggestions are appreciated !

S

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
jazzisdrum said:
I don't have an amp. All I have is laptop and a pair of cheap active speakers :) . Want to upgrade my sound system and got a $1200 budget. Laptop + DAC+ speakers OR Laptop + X300A OR Laptop + ........................? Any suggestions are appreciated !

S

BM5A Mk II plus an Emotiva XDA-2. Would be one solution. Search around for the best deals.

You could use an audio interface such as the Focusrite 2i2 to save money, sound quality should be the same, but you are not paying for features that you might not use.

PS. Was the laptop to be figured in the budget?

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Kef's are brilliant active speakers and the DAC's inside them are not too shabby, the only limit is that it will only go to 24/96 as the highest resolution but you can forgive them for that once you hear them in full swing, they really do pack a good punch for the money and I loved the sound that they give, making your HD soundtracks sound glorious!!

LazyJ

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I own the kef x300a 's and wouldn't recommend them. The Kef eggs seem to be a better choice, with more connectivity options and sub port.

TRENDING THREADS