KEF T Series...which sub?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Will be upgrading speakers soon to a more discreet setup (partner friendly). I was impressed with the KEF T series on listening but would like some advice on partnering sub. Should I go with the KEF sub or should I consider a third partner offering.

If I could stretch my budget (£2k) abit would the Apex setup offer me a much improved system?

Cheers

Sam

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
SamSeal said:
Will be upgrading speakers soon to a more discreet setup (partner friendly). I was impressed with the KEF T series on listening but would like some advice on partnering sub. Should I go with the KEF sub or should I consider a third partner offering.

If I could stretch my budget (£2k) abit would the Apex setup offer me a much improved system?

Cheers

Sam

As decent as the KEF T-series certainly is, comparing it to Monitor Audio's stunning Apex-system is not really fair. I am an Apex-owner myself. They dont play in the same league. You do get bang-for-the-buck with both systems, but Apex is the higher end alternative with performance to boot! I've listened to the bigger T-305 system a few times at a dealer. If you choose that system I'd most def go with the dedicated T-2 subwoofer. Just like the AW-12 for Apex, the T-2 subwoofer is made to play with the satellites in unison. I'm not saying you cant get better performance with a more expensive sub, but considering your budget. If you can get a good deal on Apex for that amount I'd go with that system for sure! Check out the Apex Club thread for more input!

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to get the T series but went and listened to them was great with movies but played some music through them and was awful

I have done l done lots of research on this type of speakers and I went for the apex in the end You could look at monitor audio radious range not as flat but sounded a lot better or could have a look at B&W FPM4 too

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
With any satellite system, improving the sub improves the sound from the satellites - you'll find a fuller more natural sound, and also a sweeter treble. So if you want as discreet as you can, try the T series out with a few other subs. The T2 sub doesn't get the best from them. We're looking forward to getting the R400b sub in which should improve the system greatly. Using force cancelling drivers, this is likely to be the most accurate option, so may come across as a little bass light to some. If so, the B&W ASWCM10 or the Monitor Audio RXW12 will be worth trying.

It will also be worth trying out the B&W MT60D package. The sub for this package is basically the same arrangement as the KEF R400b sub, but also has built in DSP just like its big brother, the DB1. This has presets too, so you can store more than one setting. The new M1 satellites are excellent. Given their size, they seemed to be giving the Apex a run for their money - we'll see once they've settled down a little more. They produce a big, 'out of the box' sound, and are very clearly defined. Anyone looking around the £2k mark should have these on their shortlist.

And of course, if you can stretch to the Apex package, and their size isn't an issue (depending how discreet you need to be), are definitely worth trying.

A

Anonymous

All

Thanks for the feed back. I will be trying to audition the Apex's in the next couple of weeks. If the rave reviews are true, I might find these hard to resist. Also the new offerings from B&W will be on the list. I had the original VM1's a few years back and was very happy with them.

Thanks, Sam

TRENDING THREADS