KEF T series in White?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy, I know me wanting to buy 10 of these isn't exactly enough to create a production line lol.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
White is apprently very popular in Europe, and is picking up in popularity here, so I'm going to guess that they will at some point (no, I don't have any inside knowledge on this!) :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
This was the first thing I mentioned to the KEF people at the Bristol show. Seems obvious really, if they're designed for wall mounting it makes sense to make them in a colour that will blend into most people's decor, rather than standing out like a sore thumb. I'd buy a pair for my rear speakers if they were in white and the missus would love me for it.

A

Anonymous

Why not ear? The white MA Apex & CA Minx have White grilles!

A

Anonymous

Ear, still not a problem on the Apex and others: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo7D1HJTBx2nrZY8Z55AYNLy2H2kwptwHo0YYCxkqNwvIfaMzIGg

A

Anonymous

And after with the grille on (no sign of the black bits): http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY60o07mN0Te68xjYwCOy6Jd0lJmLcomsbfD4roizPeIJQGjJM

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's a case of how transparent to make the grilles. The more transparent they are, the better the sound will be, but will show the black roll surround on the bass driver. The thicker the grille is made, the more it'll hide anything black behind it, but of course it then makes it less transparent as far as sound is concerned. With the T's being black all over, they're not like the Apex where they're white beneath the grille with black roll surrounds, so why not buy some acoustically transparent white material and just make a sock that covers the whole satellite speaker? Any black showing through will be pretty consistent.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
It's a case of how transparent to make the grilles. The more transparent they are, the better the sound will be, but will show the black roll surround on the bass driver. The thicker the grille is made, the more it'll hide anything black behind it, but of course it then makes it less transparent as far as sound is concerned. With the T's being black all over, they're not like the Apex where they're white beneath the grille with black roll surrounds, so why not buy some acoustically transparent white material and just make a sock that covers the whole satellite speaker? Any black showing through will be pretty consistent.

If it's that easy why don't KEF just use acoustically transparent white material for the speaker grilles?

A

Anonymous

Not trying to create an argument here, but surely they can make all the housing in gloss White plastic (I've plenty of items at home in White plastic) and then use a similar White grille fabric for the front (the same material MA use would work) ok the tweeter is silver coloured and the driver black, but then again the tweeter under the apex is gold & black with a black & white driver, and that hardly shows through.

We are understanding people, if the black of the driver is a little visible, that's not too bad (people with White Apex will know what I mean).

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
white socks with rackets must look awesome
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I never understood why B&W stuck silver grilles on the white M1s. They're metal after all. How hard can it be to use white paint?:doh:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts