KEF speakers?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Essentially, the '1005's are the small budget/small room solution, while the '2005's are the next-step up in size/scale/performance. The '3005s are a step up again.

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not trade, and please read the house rules

A

Anonymous

Be careful of the sub. When it is in auto mode it doesn't go into a full stand-by. In affect it is therefore on all the time. They seem to be the weakest link. Listen for a hum when no signal is being sent. This only refers to the sub from the 2005.2s by the way. I don't know what the newer subs are like. Mine has lasted around 4 years but I switch it off at the mains when it's not in use.

Also the matt silver finish is easily scratched.

A

Anonymous

Agree with NSYGrinners point about sub being turned off when not in use. Even in the "standby" mode the back panel is still quite warm after hours of no use. In fact I am sure I read on this forum that leaving the sub powered had caused the subs amp to have a shorter than expected life.

I have a Kube 2 sub with my 2005 system and after a while fiddling around with the set up I am really pleased with the sound. It took a while but that was mainly down to my incompetance as I was (and still am new to home theatre). This is a great forum to get advice I have to say.

Oh, and don't worry that you may forget to switch the sub on each time you use your system. Believe me it will be obvious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts