Question KEF Reference 3

Tramat

May 31, 2020
Visit site
Good afternoon, I am looking for information about the floor loudspeakers KEF Reference 3 (my 2019 or my 2020). How they perform?
Compared to Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3, which one sounds better at low volume?
Thanks
David

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
Good afternoon, nobody could share their opinions about this speakers?
Cheers,

David
They can't if they don't own them, and I don't know many on here the at own £13000 speakers, you really are going to have to audition for yourself.
Perhaps one of the dealers on here may be able to advise.....
Based purely on the specification I would say the B&W

Reactions: Tramat

Tramat

May 31, 2020
Visit site
I was happy with them but currently no because
I was forced to move my HI-FI set-up to another room which is, unfortunately, quite narrowed for the Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3, even if I have acoustically treated it.
I was drawn to KEF Reference 3 for the imaging and soundstage even in narrowed rooms (2,8 m x 4m) . Set up them properly the sound seems to be, on paper, better than Bowers & Wilkins 803 D3 considering also my integrated amplifier McIntosh MA9000.
So, that was the main reason of my thread; looking for advices about the KEF Reference 3 and a performing comparison versus my actual spekers Bowers & Wilkins.

Thank you, cheers.

Have you got the R3's or the 803D3's please?

Thanks for your reply (y)

I think that the R3's are at the most likely to be a sideways move.

Thinking out of the box the McIntosh MEN220 room correction system is also worth a look. The MEN220 incorporates RoomPerfect room correction technology licensed from Lyngdorf Audio. I use RoomPerfect and if the MA9000 is compatible with the MEN220 then based on my experience the MEN220/RoomPerfect should help achieve optimum performance from the 803 D3's in your room.

Reactions: Al ears and Tramat
Thank you for your reply.
I have never thought to an electronic dedicated to the acoustic room correction.
But It could stifle the sound ?.
Regards.

You're welcome (y)

Although something is better than nothing with passive room treatments however in my experience and if possible the most appropriate solution to tackle acoustical errors of the room is to use effective digital room correction. If the MEN200 is compatible with the MA9000 then with RoomPerfect you'll have access to the pinnacle of digital room correction technology.

RoomPerfect will give you far greater freedom to place/position loudspeakers within your room. Ime there is no stifling of the sound and this in no doubt in part to which as far as i am aware RoomPerfect being the only digital room correction technology which will correct the acoustical errors of the room while preserving the sound of your loudspeakers (803 D3's).

Like i said i use RoomPerfect which is incorporated in the TDAI-3400. I've tried to trip up RoomPerfect but to no avail. I get the feeling that i could put a 747 in the room and RoomPerfect will still give consistent results throughout the whole room :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts