KEF R7 - WHICH AMP OR ALL-IN-ONE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rainsoothe

Also Lyngdorf tdai 2170 has the roomp perfect i think.
What do you think of this all-in-one?
Could Nad m10 be a valid alternative?

Question: why do you think that atom headphone edition is better than atom classic? What are the differences? Considering I never use the headphone.
I thought nova was superior then the atom also for dac, circuits and other components, not only for the power.
Are you sure that atom + nap200 will be better than nova? What's the benefit of this solution compared to the nova?
I considerer an used nova around 2700-3000£. Nap200 used around 850£ + atom headphone edition (only new) around 2400£ = the same price of a used nova.
Is it possible to connect atom classic (used ) with the nap200? (also used)
In this case the total price will be less than nova (used)

It's another good solution but is it possible to play the music without switch the amplifier (trigger)?
How can I connect all these devices in order to make easy and direct listening to music or watch a movie (arc)?

1. I haven't heard the Lyngdorf, but yes, of course, they're both perfectly valid options. I prefer Naim to Nad, which is enough for me to change the speakers if they're a bad match with the way they're positioned in the room so that they wouldn't require fiddling with DSP (room correction stuff).

I also forgot to add Hegel H190 (or 120 if the 190 is too dear) to that list. It's very, very good.

But as I say, you have to audition.

2. I'm not sure it's better, I only suggested it because the headphone Atom doesn't have a power section, which you wouldn't be using if you used it in conjunction with a Nap200. If, on the other hand, it would be easier to get a normal Atom on the sh market, it probably would be just as good. Hell, you could even try it on it's own and then add a Nap 200. But yes, imo the 200 is better than what's inside the Nova - just know that the Nova is ALREADY very good.

3. If it's not an all-in-one or separates from the same brand that have some sort of trigger connector or link or something, you'd probably have to switch the input manually or via the app on the source device. Think of the streamer as the hub of the thing, since everything will be going out of it, you'd only be changing sources on the streamer. If it's a streaming pre into a power amp, you'd also be controlilng the volume via that app, if it's a normal streamer, you'd be using the remote of the integrated to control the volume. It's not as inconvenient as it sounds, but this is probably how it would work. It depends on the specific setup.

5eya

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
1. Non ho sentito il Lyngdorf, ma sì, certo, sono entrambe perfettamente valide. Preferisco Naim a Nad, mi basta cambiare gli altoparlanti se il modo non trova posizionati al modo in cui sono posizionati nella stanza in modo che non richiedano di armeggiare con DSP (roba per la correzione della stanza).
Does Naim have a dsp/room correction?
Hegel 190 is too big. The 120 is not a champion of aesthetics and also the dimensions (witdh )are critical for my situation

Non sono sicuro che sia migliore, l'ho suggerito solo perché le cuffie Atom non hanno una sezione di alimentazione, che non utilizzeresti se le usassi insieme a un Nap200. Se, d'altra parte, fosse più facile ottenere un normale Atom sul mercato sh, probabilmente sarebbe altrettanto buono. Diavolo, potresti anche provarlo da solo e poi aggiungere un Nap 200. Ma sì, imo il 200 è meglio di quello che c'è dentro il Nova - sappi solo che il Nova è GIÀ molto buono.
Se collego Nap 200 dr all'atomo, il suo amplificatore è completamente escluso?
Con questo plug phono-rca il nap200 si accende automaticamente dopo il risveglio dell'atomo quando ascolto la musica sul mio smartphone (connessione marea/spotify) ?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

rainsoothe

1. No, Naim don't use room correction. I just wanna state, there is a possibility that your setup will work just fine without any room correction.

2. Yes, I think that's the correct cable, but you have to make sure it's specifically wired for Naim. As for turning on, Naim recommend that you never turn off their stuff, unless you're going on a vacation or something. Otherwise, you leave it powered on 24/7, so no need to turn anything on, you just play the stuff and it starts playing.

I want to stress again that, while a nap 200 will be a very worthwhile improvement on an Atom, don't disregard how potent the Atom actually is - it's very good and powerful, just not as much as a nap 200. So IF you decide to go this route, you could just get the Atom, see how it feels, and add a power amp at a later date.

P.S.: IF you decide to go for Naim, I highly recommend Witchhat speaker cables (Phantom if you can afford them, N2 if you can't) - get either of these with regular banana plugs, NOT Naim plugs. 3.5m pairs even if you don't need the length.

Also, the Hegel H120 shouldn't be much bigger than a Nap 200 or the Lyngdorf or w/e.

Reactions: 5eya

5eya

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
2. Yes, I think that's the correct cable, but you have to make sure it's specifically wired for Naim. As for turning on, Naim recommend that you never turn off their stuff, unless you're going on a vacation or something. Otherwise, you leave it powered on 24/7, so no need to turn anything on, you just play the stuff and it starts playing.
Really? didn't know it. But they refer to amplifier like the nap or also streamer/all in one product?
That's a good news. I can keep only the atom powered off, and if it work like the marantz nr1200 will remain in some sort of stand by until it will recive the impulse from spotify connect/tidal. Nap will remain powered on 24/7

I want to stress again that, while a nap 200 will be a very worthwhile improvement on an Atom, don't disregard how potent the Atom actually is - it's very good and powerful, just not as much as a nap 200. So IF you decide to go this route, you could just get the Atom, see how it feels, and add a power amp at a later date.
Ok
P.S.: IF you decide to go for Naim, I highly recommend Witchhat speaker cables (Phantom if you can afford them, N2 if you can't) - get either of these with regular banana plugs, NOT Naim plugs. 3.5m pairs even if you don't need the length.
Cables are the last of my problen now. There are more difficult choices XD
Also, the Hegel H120 shouldn't be much bigger than a Nap 200 or the Lyngdorf or w/e.
Nap, as like nait product is 12,2" depth. It could be fit into my tv cabinet. The others are 14" depth and I can put thon only outside the cabinet, on the top. Anyway yes, h120 is similar to the others except naim

Now I'm super confused about the choice...XD
How would you define the sound of naim? What are the main differences between other nordic amplifier like hegel/lyngdorf/copland? There're many people who liked kef r5/7 with these nordic amplifier

rainsoothe

I haven't heard any Lyngdorf products, unfortunately, so I can't help you there. I do, however, love the way they look.
I only heard a Copland pre-power into a pair of Paradigm floorstanders and I thought it sounded spectacular - but not in an "in-your-face" kind of way, just big, smooth and grand.
I like Hegel mostly, and they're pretty neutral, but I do prefer Naim, which have a bit of coloration. I don't know how to put my finger on it, but they just "boogie", they make music feel energetic and make you feel like they have a lot of power in reserve. Mind you I live in a flat, so I don't do concert level listening, but I do crank mine up occasionally, and it's just joyous.

Again, if your choices are difficult, do try to audition, only you can tell what works for you.

Reactions: 5eya

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts