KEF R400b

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing a sub to underpin my ls50's .... Initial thought is the kef r400b ... Has anyone heard this sub in a 2 channel set up ... I'd welcome your views or other recommendations ..

Cheers,

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There's plenty of competition around, but the R400b justifies itself - not many subs under £1,000 utilise force cancelling benefits. It's a sealed sub, so will fare better than most ported ones, and build quality is excellent, which improves its ability to 'disappear' and not draw attention to itself. We've had them running in two channels systems on open days, and for the occasional demo.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, David.

Another reason why I'm leaning towards the R400b is, I presume, it's ability to seamlessly intergate with the ls50's (same manufacturer).

Hi Kubs

If your budget allows then also consider JL Audio's E-110 subwoofer. The E-110's massively engineered/built drive unit backed up with high power amplification and strong cabinet helps reproduce a clean, deep, tight, fast punchy and dynamic bass. Fwiw, we've successfully integrated E-110 subs with similarly priced Aria 906 and curved SCM7's adding superb low end presence.

Btw, what amp will you be using please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Kubs

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

Sounds good
regular_smile.gif

Btw, if possible also try out an E-112. Now get these subs in your room and get some deep bass in there *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well, if we're now doubling the budget, you can pick up two R400b subs! That's four 9" drivers. Depending how you're setting the sub up, two will give you better imaging. I know sub bass is generally considered to be mono, but in music, you can sometimes get bass in one speaker and not the other.

Never underestimate the positive effects and presence that two subs have over one... (budget dependent)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts