Kef R Series Review Long Overdue

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am the proud owner of some spanking piano black Kef R700 that I think are amazing. No review is going to change my opinion on them but I am really surprised that the R's have not yet been reviewed yet.

Especially so for the R300's that are in the £1000 market which is fiercely contested.

Anybody know why the R's haven't been super/first tested, or is the test imminent?

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have just heard a friends sisters R500s and they are truly amazing beasts!

Not as yet heard the R300s... I'm green with envy regarding your R700s, enjoy and enjoy!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had. The R500's for a little while and they are amazing. I got the R700's on a sale or return basis out of pure curiosity. (1Stop Audiovisual in SW London. Very lovely people.) The 700's offer a step up, but the only reason I kept them and didn't go back to the 500's is because they are too big and damn heavy to return!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If KEF don't send in samples, there's little they can do.

Not sure WHSAV have got a team of heavies who can go round and 'lean' on the manufacturers...... Not now John "Begbie" Duncan's no longer part of the fold.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Big Chris said:
If KEF don't send in samples, there's little they can do.

Not sure WHSAV have got a team of heavies who can go round and 'lean' on the manufacturers...... Not now John "Begbie" Duncan's no longer part of the fold.

Is that how it works? Interesting..... Wonder why they haven't sent a pair?

The_Lhc said:
Why don't you go onto KEF's Facebook page and ask them?

Good advice indeed! There are reviews around but not from WHF, presumably because they haven't been sent any from KEF. I have not seen any reviews in any of the other UK publications either.......... he says standing back and waiting for somebody to prove him wrong.

A

Anonymous

It is great to read your comments on the new R Series!

To put minds at rest, the R Series review plan is underway and the first reviews will be coming out very soon! Rest assured we'll flag them up as soon as they are out through the KEF news section on our website, KEFTalk newsletter and through our social media channels, so do stay tuned!

The wait will soon be over…

All the best,

KEF

A

Anonymous

Gazzip, glad to hear you are enjoying the r700's! The range, and specifically that model interests me. I was wondering if some of the reservations you had about them in an earlier thread have changed. You had mentioned they were somewhat metallic sounding and could be grating during long listening sessions, also you mention that the soundstage magic had been lost in translation from the 300's/500's to the 700's. Did that change with break in or do you still feel they have issues in those areas? Thanks! Nile

A

Anonymous

I too would like a follow up from Gazzip on this point.

His comments stopped me from buying the R700 and now no followup.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
lokikontroll said:
I too would like a follow up from Gazzip on this point.

His comments stopped me from buying the R700 and now no followup.

He gave a follow up comment here (post N0.15): http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/kef-r500-vs-r700

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts