Question KEF Q950 vs Klipsch RP-8000F vs Heco Aurora 1000

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello!
Can anyone help me to decide what floor-standing speakers should I get.
At the moment I'm thinking about these three KEF Q950 , Klipsch RP-8000F, Heco Aurora 1000
My room is ~215ft² (20m²) and mostly speakers will be used to listen to music (Youtube, Spotify) and watch movies.
I have read lots of information about these speakers, but unfortunately have no chance to listen to them in live, so it makes it harder to choose what is better. Maybe someone have some other thoughts what speakers would be better?
From the sound demos on youtube i think Klipsch RP-8000F has very high treble? Or am i missing something? :D I'm new at this, so many questions.
Will be thankful for any suggestion.

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
I'm from Latvia and there isn't any shops that have listening rooms (at the moment even all electronic shops are closed because of covid, only online shopping)
I know that it's hard to get the feeling of real sound from youtube videos, that's why I'm collecting information and suggestions from all sources i can get.

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
KEF Q950 , Klipsch RP-8000F are both excellent not heard the Heco
what amp/source are you using Klipsch very efficient & needs little power Kef require a powerful amp
First wanted to decide what speakers to buy and then get amp that would go with them, or should i go the other way - first amp then speakers?

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Maybe there are other speakers i should check that are good for modern music listening? Price limit 800 eur.
I like good bass and want something that can be listened to for long time without getting headache :D

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Thank you everyone for suggestions.
I will stop at Wharfedale 4.4, they look nice, have good reviews, don't have harsh treble and have decent bass - just what i want. And in future more bass can be added with sub.
What receiver should i get for them? And should i bi-amp them?

I would steer clear of biamping unless done conventionally. As you mentioned receiver I guess you are not going to do this. Spend money on best and most powerful receiver you can afford would be my suggestion.
Did you mean receiver as previously you mentioned amplifier?

Last edited:

zorguz

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
I would steer clear of biamping unless done conventionally. As you mentioned receiver I guess you are not going to do this. Spend money on best and most powerful receiver you can afford would be my suggestion.
Did you mean receiver as previously you mentioned amplifier?
Not sure what would be better for me, i guess av receiver, because i want to connect my PC to speakers, TV, stream online music. Or are there other ways?

munozoga22

Oct 20, 2023
Visit site
Hello.

First time posting, so apologies if I mess up. I have a pair of Klipsch rp-8000F that I bought brand new in March 2023. I only use them for music and are connected to an Emotiva XPA-200. I have been noticing since May(ish) that when I play music at high volume, the sound fluctuates. It get louder or lower randomly. This is pretty annoying to me and I am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I contacted Klipsch and they said the Emotiva does not have enough power to handle these speakers. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hello.

First time posting, so apologies if I mess up. I have a pair of Klipsch rp-8000F that I bought brand new in March 2023. I only use them for music and are connected to an Emotiva XPA-200. I have been noticing since May(ish) that when I play music at high volume, the sound fluctuates. It get louder or lower randomly. This is pretty annoying to me and I am at a loss as to what the issue may be. I contacted Klipsch and they said the Emotiva does not have enough power to handle these speakers. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
This thread is over two years old.
It might be better if you started a new one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts