kef kube 1 or q acoustic 2070?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just replaced my kef 1005.2 with the q acoustic 2000 cine pack. I was wondering if anyone knew which sub was better and if there was a way i could use both on a onkyo 607? any help would be greatly apretiated

A

Anonymous

i didnt mean use both at the same time, i figure that would sound bad. i meant use one sub as a zone 2 sub for my stereo speakers

A

Anonymous

Hi Mcfalgan,

You couldn't use it with zone 2 as far as I'm aware unless you were using a seperate amp which you could connect it to.

As for using both in your main set-up, some people think this can sound good, and as long as you've calibrated both subs it wouldn't sound bad in any way. Also your Onk has 2 pre outs so it might be worth giving it a try.

A

Anonymous

hey dock thanks for the reply. I read something about using two subs which does sound great but unfortunatly im a newbie with all this and would have no idea how to go about calibrating two subs at the same time lol

A

Anonymous

Hi Mcfalgan,

To do this, you need to calibrate each sub individually. Once you have calibrated one, make a note of what level the amp has it at, preferably as close to 0db as you can.

Then un-plug it and calibrate the second sub on it's own, making sure that you end up with the amp level being the same as the previous sub.

You can do this by adjusting the gain on each sub. Then when the two are both connected they will be at the same level.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

thanks again. I will have to test this out over the weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts