Kef KHT3005SE Best Speaker cables ??

Supernova 22

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Im about to hook up these speakers to a Sony STRDA2400ES receiver,but not sure what speaker cables would be best, im intrested in QED SILVER ANNIVERSARY XT, or the XT Evolution, which one of these are better? Do they both fit up the stands? or is there any other recommended speaker cables to get the best out of my system?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Personally I hate QED cables. Far too forward sounding

I recommend van damme UP-LCOFC cable. Cheaper and far nicer to listen to

A

Anonymous

rick, if you wouldnt mind could you post a link to somewhere that will send me some of that van damme cabling? (assuming you know of course) im in ireland..ta..

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Silver cables will generally sound a little brighter than copper alternatives. Bear in mind with these speakers if you use the stands that thicker cables won't fit through the stands to keep cables tidy!

Supernova 22

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking through the forums regarding the Van Damme cables you recommended, They are highly rated so thanks for bringing them to my attention, I have found them online at a great price but just need your help on deciding which size i should go for. -2.5MM or 4mm ? will they both fit through the stands and how easy are they to terminate with banana plugs?

Supernova 22

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Van Damme 2x4.0mm UP LCOFC Hi-Fi Speaker Cable - 3.19 per metre, the website recommends using 2.5mm for satelite speakers, which are even cheaper.

michael hoy

aliEnRIK:
michael hoy:Link here

Thats the stuff, and its a very good website (Ive used them)

Again, your call. Id go with 4mm personally

Rik,

I bought some of this cable after you first posted about it, the service is excellent and the cable is a quality product.

I only use it on my LCR speakers at the moment (4mm), my rears are cabled under the floor and will wait until we buy a new carpet before replacing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts