kef iq9 run in time?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i've just bought myself a pair of kef iq9 floorstanders i'll be receiving them in about 2 weeks time as i'm waiting on other speakers to arrive

can anyone tell me how long they might need to be run in properly as these are my first pair of serious speakers i have a DENON 1804 av receiver that will be running them as well as a NAD C542 cd player

my first post by the way

cheers

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I'd read WHF review about kef IQ5 and stated that it needed 1 week run in time (if i was not mistaken) for its best sound performance. IQ5 is from the same series as yours, should need the same run in time, i think

A

Anonymous

awsome well thanks for the advice radovantz i'll just have to remember not to get to carried away when i get them and crank it until they've had time to run in lol

being in brisbane australia we don't have as many quality hifi stores as some other capital cities in this country so when i stumbled upon the store i'm getting the kef's from i was stoked my only let down was they'd sold out of the iq6c centre speaker but they did have a brand new but slightly older iq10c i'm just hoping its to much of a step down in sound quality

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have IQ9's and I love 'em! run them in for about 2 weeks with a mixture of music and movies before giving them a blast. IMHO they realy are great speakers for the money. I also run a iQ6c and iQ3's for my rear channel.

pic here http://whathifi.com/forums/t/10235.aspx
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts