Kandy K2 CD player

SteveR750

I never got to audition this against the Cyrus 6, and wondering if it matches the K2 amp better, which was a suggestion from another forum. Given that I don't like the Cyrus amplifiers at all until you get to monoblocs, then it's worth consideration.

I cant find much of the two head to head.....

A

Anonymous

If you PM me I can send you something that might be of interest (tomorrow). Mods, if Steve agrees, please can you facilitate?

jalaba

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
same problem with me. i have the k2 amp, currently using a cambridge audio 740c cd player (which is very good),i plan to buy a pre-owned musical fidelity a3.5 cd player but.....have thoughts of buying the k2 cd player too........listens mostly to rock/metal music.........help...

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the full K2 set up so while I can comment on the CD player it has to be taken in context of the whole system.

Initially my system sounds slightly flat, almost like someone has switched off the "loudness" button. (Prior to completing the K2 system I was using Tannoy 611 MKII's with the K2 amp & CD).

On reflection this may be more hi-fi than pimped Saxo but it appeared to be more suited to mid-range mixes, female vocalists etc.

Then I put on Grace Jones's Hurricane and it instantly burst into life and blew me away.

I think that the summary may well be that as a system it is at the level where it highlights recording quality. That can be a bad thing as well as a good thing. As always an audition is recommended as the sound will certainly be warmer than say, a Cyrus or more Arcam than Audiolab for old-skool like me .

Oh, other escape clause - room acoustics will play a part.

SteveR750

DavieCee:
I have the full K2 set up so while I can comment on the CD player it has to be taken in context of the whole system.

Initially my system sounds slightly flat, almost like someone has switched off the "loudness" button. (Prior to completing the K2 system I was using Tannoy 611 MKII's with the K2 amp & CD).

On reflection this may be more hi-fi than pimped Saxo but it appeared to be more suited to mid-range mixes, female vocalists etc.

Then I put on Grace Jones's Hurricane and it instantly burst into life and blew me away.

I think that the summary may well be that as a system it is at the level where it highlights recording quality. That can be a bad thing as well as a good thing. As always an audition is recommended as the sound will certainly be warmer than say, a Cyrus or more Arcam than Audiolab for old-skool like me .

Oh, other escape clause - room acoustics will play a part.

and thats the crux

A

Anonymous

Please can someone in What Hifi Towers send me Steve's email address?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts