Kandy go-go, bring on the new boy

iamthegruffalo

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to replace my amplifier and I guess I am looking for something epic.

Im not asking much here, I simply want to be blown away.

The music-from Led zep through manic street preachers to jake bugg and all in between and out to soprano and even church organ music.

The kit as per my sig- B&W CM8, Audiolab 8200cd and Sonos via audiolab dac.

Room 4m x 3m, carpet floor, 1.5mx1.5 m window, double paio doors.

As I said, I want wow and future proof to upgrade the other elements, eventually.

Budget-Up to £2000, though open to suggestions etc.

Heres hoping........ :grin:

matthewpiano

In your situation I would want to audition:

Creek Destiny 2

Sugden A21a

Arcam A38

Rega Elicit-R

Roksan Caspian

I've heard all 5 and each has its own qualities, but all of them have the capability to blow you away. I thought the Elicit-R to be quite outstanding, driving a pair of B&W CM8s.....

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:

Creek Destiny 2

Sugden A21a

Arcam A38

Rega Elicit-R

Roksan Caspian

I've heard all 5 and each has its own qualities, but all of them have the capability to blow you away. I thought the Elicit-R to be quite outstanding, driving a pair of B&W CM8s.....

I am biased yes, I havent heard those amp above, but I love my Elciit R - it sounds bloody good!

T

the record spot

Go to a dealer, see what you can cut a deal on. Depends what you mean by future proofing too. I get the impression the regular names that will no doubt get trotted out won't cut it. As an example, or two, have a look at the Audio Emotion or Jordan Acoustics used gear pages.

Tacty

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
matthewpiano said:

Creek Destiny 2

Sugden A21a

Arcam A38

Rega Elicit-R

Roksan Caspian

is there anything worthwhile outside britain?

matthewpiano

I'm sure there is, but I haven't heard them so can't recommend.

If T+A do anything in that price range I'm sure it would be well worth a listen as would anything from Audio Analogue, Pathos, and Unison Research. Then there are the big Denon, Marantz, Luxman, and Accuphase integrateds though the latter two are likely to be above the quoted price range unless something second hand comes up.

iamthegruffalo

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thats a lot of reviewing allready.....

Seriously thanks though, few mentions of the Rega allready though.

Any thoughts on the musical fidelity m6i at all?

or a second hand primare i30?

TRENDING THREADS