Just took the plunge...,

Gerrardasnails:Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand..... review to follow next week....

Well done, Gerrard. Sorry, couldn't resist putting this link in.
emotion-2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77LBPHQzl0&feature=related

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand..... review to follow next week....

Looking forward to it, Mr.Stevie G-fan.

The vicarious pleasure of someone else's purchases is palpable.

I'm sure you will, but could you mention any particular tracks you play, which were pertinent to your views of the new speakers?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Just happened to hear some of those this week. I was in Best Buy and they apparently used ot sell them but were unloading all their stock because VA's USA distributor went bust. They were selling them all off for half price. I thought they sounded very nice. Punchy and lively. Can't wait to hear how you like them. And post some pics!

SteveR750

Charlie Jefferson:Gerrardasnails:Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand..... review to follow next week....

Looking forward to it, Mr.Stevie G-fan.

The vicarious pleasure of someone else's purchases is palpable.

I'm sure you will, but could you mention any particular tracks you play, which were pertinent to your views of the new speakers?

Nice
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:Just happened to hear some of those this week. I was in Best Buy and they apparently used ot sell them but were unloading all their stock because VA's USA distributor went bust. They were selling them all off for half price. I thought they sounded very nice. Punchy and lively. Can't wait to hear how you like them. And post some pics!

Jax, pray tell! How cheap would I get them for if I lived over the pond??

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jaxwired:
Gerrardasnails:Jax, pray tell! How cheap would I get them for if I lived over the pond??

Normally they sold for $3000 a pair. On close out for $1500 a pair.

OMG!! That is a steal. I just paid the same number £s for an ex demo pair and they are about to go up in price to £2500 in January. Made in Europe, cheaper in the US!

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Gerrard - sorry to wander off topic, but would you care to share your opinion of the Atlas Opus? Did you do any comparisons before plumping for it? I'm thinking of getting one to upgrade from a QED Reference and would be interested to hear your opinion of it.

Cheers,

Dan.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Diamond Joe:They're superb looking speakers, what finish are you getting?

I demo'd white ones but thought that the lounge's decor would have needed a makeover. So I ordered the Cherry finish. My AV unit is walnut but much lighter than my walnut RS6s. I mentioned to the missus in passing that I'm looking for better matching speakers for the unit and she didn't shout at me! This is all that I have told her!!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails: I mentioned to the missus in passing that I'm looking for better matching speakers for the unit and she didn't shout at me! This is all that I have told her!!

Nice one, I like your thinking there. The cherry finish has to be my favourite - shame I've got 'orrible black speakers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site

Still waiting.

(Although I found this whilst searching for Haydn Grand comments and reviews.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts