Just seen this..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:
I have bought many items on ebay and worked up quite a good feedback, however I have now started selling and due to the fact that my wife does not want our main bank account used for Paypal, I have set up my own account. Obviously with zero feedback.

I am just starting out, and genuinly want to sell some of my older cables. Dont assume everyone with zero feedback is dodgy.

Let me clear a few things up. I understand that everyone has to start at 0 on eBay - I am in the 600s with 100% and have finished two other accounts over the years with similar (because of fraudsters and me not backing down, closing the account was the best choice for me). I also have the choice of not being someone's first. Just me being careful. eBay has improved, I felt at one stage that seller or buyer, I always seem to lose out in disputes!

Back to the very expensive cables. If £2k was the equivalent of £100 is to me one day, I would try one and if it enhanced my system, I'd buy one. My last cable cost me £110 and there will be many people who would class that as madness.

Sorry if I got people's backs up - I mean no offence.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:True Blue:
I have bought many items on ebay and worked up quite a good feedback, however I have now started selling and due to the fact that my wife does not want our main bank account used for Paypal, I have set up my own account. Obviously with zero feedback.

I am just starting out, and genuinly want to sell some of my older cables. Dont assume everyone with zero feedback is dodgy.

Let me clear a few things up. I understand that everyone has to start at 0 on eBay - I am in the 600s with 100% and have finished two other accounts over the years with similar (because of fraudsters and me not backing down, closing the account was the best choice for me). I also have the choice of not being someone's first. Just me being careful. eBay has improved, I felt at one stage that seller or buyer, I always seem to lose out in disputes!

Back to the very expensive cables. If £2k was the equivalent of £100 is to me one day, I would try one and if it enhanced my system, I'd buy one. My last cable cost me £110 and there will be many people who would class that as madness.

No offence taken, dont worry. I would not part with that sort of cash (if I had it) regardless of feedback, Iwould prefer to go to a shop and buy it. Hardly helped himself by saying they got two for XMAS mind you, that started more alarm bells ringing for me than the feedback
emotion-1.gif

My last cables RRP's were £130, £130 and £220, thanks to ebay got them for £49, £51 and £89

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:Gerrardasnails:True Blue:

No offence taken, dont worry. I would not part with that sort of cash (if I had it) regardless of feedback, Iwould prefer to go to a shop and buy it. Hardly helped himself by saying they got two for XMAS mind you, that started more alarm bells ringing for me than the feedback
emotion-1.gif

My last cables RRP's were £130, £130 and £220, thanks to ebay got them for £49, £51 and £89

eBay is great for cables. My Audioquest Columbia retails at $450 and I paid £110 delivered from a hifi shop in the US - and it was ex demo, boxed and immaculate!

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:True Blue:

Let me clear a few things up. I understand that everyone has to start at 0 on eBay - I am in the 600s with 100% and have finished two other accounts over the years with similar (because of fraudsters and me not backing down, closing the account was the best choice for me). I also have the choice of not being someone's first. Just me being careful. eBay has improved, I felt at one stage that seller or buyer, I always seem to lose out in disputes! Back to the very expensive cables. If £2k was the equivalent of £100 is to me one day, I would try one and if it enhanced my system, I'd buy one. My last cable cost me £110 and there will be many people who would class that as madness. Sorry if I got people's backs up - I mean no offence.

my wife has been selling antiques/collectables full time on ebay for several years (more than 8000 feedbacks) and is a business powerseller and is VAT registered....

as as seller, she does not enjoy ebay anymore ...

the whole feedback thing is a total joke now ... a seller cannot leave a negative feedback anymore, (ebay have removed this facility)so some buyers are taking the P*ss and trying to extrort sellers with neg feedback if you do not comply to their demands of 'partial refunds' and discounts

Then Ebay recently brought out the 'star rating' system .... another joke ... you sell an antique chest of drawers with collection only .... the buyer collects and pays 3 weeks later and leaves you poor stars on delivery??? ... your listings now get demoted on the 'best match criteria and appear on the bottom of the search so people do not even see your listings ... (In the old days, when you searched for an item, all items appeared in the search page with time ending soonest ... now they have some silly system called 'best match'... total joke IMHO and I always reset it manualy after each search to 'items ending soonest'

then, to make matters worse, if your ratings on the 'star' systems are poor, Ebay shut you down and prohibit you from selling for 30 days or longer??? ,,, Imagine your boss telling you to go home for 30 days with no pay?

I can say, that as soon as a decent rival for ebay opens, my wife and thousands more powersellers will jump shop (read the ebay forums) ... amy top sellers have already left ebay and have set up their own websites

However, as a buyer on ebay, you are very well protected, so bid with confidence

A

Anonymous

Look at the other items he is selling as well, wonder if he got 2 of everything for christmas! After being on e-bay since 2001 and being scammed myself a few times I would never buy off zero feedback people, especially summat for that price!

E-bay are suffering, sales down, profit down, they don't really care what's sold anymore as long as they get their fees, listing fee, final value fee and paypal fee, nice
emotion-14.gif

T

the record spot

Very true, meanwhile, if you as a private seller want to sell a CD, you need to ditch the notion of adding P&P thanks to the latest rules change that states CDs go postage free. And they're looking after who here?!

A

Anonymous

Miggs:

With zero feedback think very very carefully. I know people have to start somewhere, but come on, who get's 2 of those cables for christmas?

Miggs.

with all those Atlas cables, perhaps he works at Atlas (or a hifi retail store) ... and has 'long fingers'?
emotion-17.gif

A

Anonymous

mains cables r us:
Look at the other items he is selling as well, wonder if he got 2 of everything for christmas!ÿ

Well spotted ! What are the chances - Xmas day, knocking back the sherry and each time a relative chaps on the door...another bloomin' hi-fi cable. Frankly, you're all being horrible to him and the poor man deserves our sympathy...

bVLddHdjy80lDa2.jpg

A

Anonymous

2 by 2 ... sounds like he just stepped off noah's ark

but jokes aside, perhaps he is a legit seller as we don't know all the facts ....

If I were interested in bidding on one of those, I would proceed with caution and perhaps collect in person (if possible)

A

Anonymous

If you had a brain you would sell some plugs at a fiver to get a few feedbacks first surely, not expect your first sale to be enough wonga to buy a nice car (with government scrappage scheme thrown in of course!).
emotion-11.gif

Mind you the e-bay motto for me is...ther's one born every minue.... shouldn't say that as I have 2000+ feedbacks!

A

Anonymous

idc:My last three ebay cable purchases have been £21, £17 and £4.99. I like to take risks, but have I been wreckless?

These were not from my e-bay shop were they, if not why not...lol...
emotion-9.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've just bought them, along with his other pair. Saved £1,400 in total, and I now have a spare pair just in case one gets chewed by the cat.

Looking forward to getting them.

Just need to sell the child now to pay for them. He's called Thomas and he is in as-new condition (albeit bigger and more hair than when I first got him). Almost mint, he has a small scratch on his hand from the cat but I suspect this will heal completely. He will be supplied with a 32 pack of Pampers, an orange cup with lid, and a straightjacket. £3,600 ono.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
I've just bought them, along with his other pair. Saved £1,400 in total, and I now have a spare pair just in case one gets chewed by the cat.

Just need to sell the child now to pay for them. He's called Thomas and he is in as-new condition (albeit bigger and more hair than when I first got him). Almost mint, he has a small scratch on his hand from the cat but I suspect this will heal completely. He will be supplied with a 32 pack of Pampers, an orange cup with lid, and a straightjacket. £3,600 ono.

Top post of the entire thread joel . Lol
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

If only he had another 5 then I might be interested as a set for multi channel inputs !

of course that would make 6 which coincidentally is the same amount of numbers on the lotto that I would need in order to afford them !

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:

Ha Ha Ha! One of the funniest posts in ages. well done. I've even dragged the wife up to read it. If only he was toilet trained you might have got a sale. Would go well with 'our' Elliott. What a pair E. T.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I think it's depending on how much your system cost, it would make no sense if I to use Kondo silver or Vertex hi-res in Cyrus system but for those who own Tenor with a pair of Khama....it's a must I say!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts