Just seen this..

A

Anonymous

With zero feedback, do you really want to take the chance.

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
The person only lives down the road from me, I wonder if they are willing to meet in person. ;-)

Just got to find £1800 now

A

Anonymous

You're surely not thinking what I think you think I think you might be thinking are you?

A

Anonymous

What I think, is that anyone charging that much for a cable, must be a crook. And that anyone even imagining paying that much, deserves to be ripped off.

A

Anonymous

Fahnsen:What I think, is that anyone charging that much for a cable, must be a crook. And that anyoneÿeven imagining paying that much, deserves to be ripped off.

Want to buy a cable mate?

0.jpg

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
"the atlas asimi cable probably transmits a signal along its conductors faster than any other cable used in the audio world."

Well, you can't get any more definitive than that!

matthewpiano

£1800.00 would take me a substantial amount of the way to buying the Sugden Mystro CD player and amp that I would love. To spend that much on a single interconnect is just criminal. The most I would go for an interconnect is circa £100 for Chord Chameleon Silver +. Any more than that is impossible to justify.

The seller might be dodgy. Alternatively he has been sucked in to buying this cable and has tried it only to find that it is nowhere near worth the ridiculous asking price. The '2 for Christmas' thing is more than likely just an excuse.

A

Anonymous

Fake Nordost cables have been found in the US. Examine in carefully, ideally after having seen a definite bona fide set.

A

Anonymous

One would have to have their pants on their head and a pencil sticking out of each nostril to speand that on a cable.

I could however do with the box for my limited edition "Atlas Mountain special smoke themselves 99.99 percent shieled cuban cigars"

Woodpecker

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
"the atlas asimi cable probably transmits a signal along its conductors faster than any other cable used in the audio world."

I've just realised the problem with my system, I'm hearing the music later than I could be!!! That's going to ruin my listening experience from now on!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
brittondave:
One would have to have their pants on their head and a pencil sticking out of each nostril to speand that on a cable.

I could however do with the box for my limited edition "Atlas Mountain special smoke themselves 99.99 percent shieled cuban cigars"

I wouldn't buy anything off anyone with 0% feedback on ebay. I would not spend £2k on a cable unless I had heard it sounding amazing and I was rich. To say that anyone who would be willing to spend that much on a cable is mad, is a bit of a blind statement. I met someone recently, who has spent similar on his interconnect and speaker cables. He has a ridiculously superb system and he can hear the improvements. Unless you have tried such cables, you shouldn't say that they are not worth spending money on.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
With zero feedback think very very carefully. I know people have to start somewhere, but come on, who get's 2 of those cables for christmas?

Miggs.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:

I wouldn't buy anything off anyone with 0% feedback on ebay.

Bit harsh...everyone has to start somewhere. Although I'll grant you that £1,800 for a cable in Fidel Castro's personal cigar box probably isn't the place to start getting all touchy-feely.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:To spend that much on a single interconnect is just criminal.

That's a pretty glib statement. How would it be 'criminal' I wonder?

matthewpiano

Bodfish:

It is a turn of phrase. In my opinion spending that sort of money on a cable is completely over-the-top and un-necessary.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Bodfish:

Good heavens
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't buy anything off anyone with 0% feedback on ebay.

I have bought many items from sellers with a 0 feedback ... always collect in person and pay cash on collection, or if you cannot, then pay via paypal ... many a bargain can be had, as buyers are afraid of the 0 feedback

Ebay has changed the laws for new sellers now (sellers with low feedback) ...

if you buy the cable and pay via paypal, the seller only gets his funds once you have left pos feedback (paypal hold the money until the transaction is satisfactory completed by the buyer)

Ebay is relatively safe to buy on now ... was not so in the old days

However, I would not spend this amount of money on a cable

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I wouldn't buy anything off anyone with 0% feedback on ebay.

Everyone has to start on '0' feedback; and if you want to spend £1800 on an interconnect, so be it. Don't be quick to judge others. If I wanted to buy a diamond encrusted mobile phone, I would, but you may not......

Graham 'bling' Thomas.

Oh, and are over-the-top and un-necessary new words?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

F.A.O. Mr Snails

Look I was only being jovial...............so just relax
emotion-2.gif
I didn't say they are not worth spending the money on.

I was mearly pointing out that you would have to be fairly bonkers to spend that on a cable......and being bonkers in life is by no means a bad thing.

Many things are crazily exspensive but also superb.......................Bugati Veyron..........Channel Tunnel.....Faberge egg.....and for all I know that Atlas Cable might be as well

So I hope thats cleared up.....

D

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I have bought many items on ebay and worked up quite a good feedback, however I have now started selling and due to the fact that my wife does not want our main bank account used for Paypal, I have set up my own account. Obviously with zero feedback.

I am just starting out, and genuinly want to sell some of my older cables. Dont assume everyone with zero feedback is dodgy.

TRENDING THREADS