Just landed a Technics 1200

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but here is another who has recently joined the 1210 club.

I am delighted with the 1210, as it has made playing records fun again. I don't have to worry about resetting the suspension, or having dealer serviced every couple of years, I just switch it on and enjoy music!

emotion-2.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Nice one Mickey - I think they are too-often overlooked as DJ fodder - but they make excellent hifi decks for the money secondhand, and are so simple to set up and use.

They may not have the detail retrieval of an LP12 or Radius V, but when you can get a mint condition one for around £200 that will last for years, I don't think you can go wrong.

I'm not sure that £450ish for a new one is as good value, as there are so many good secondhand ones out there, and that takes it into quite serious territory.

It's changed my vinyl playing from an occasional session here and there to something I'm happy to use on a daily basis, which can only be a good thing.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If I had the time and space and inclination (and money) for vinyl again I think I would probably go for an SL1210.

I would like the 'pimped' one with blue LEDs and polished black finish. Yumm.

(I'd lose the Technics mat and get a plain one though.)

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure I would want a pimped one, with blue LEDs etc, but a new arm is going to be the next purchase.

I'm looking to go for a Rega RB300 with an Origin Live armboard, and then a Timestep PSU... although I would to have an SME V, and a Koetsu!

Mike.

entrails

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've recently gone down the same path. Although all the sensible advice had been towards a Rega P3-24 I wanted to do something a bit different. Got a refurbished sl1200 off whybuynew had to buy new cover and hinges. Got the origin live ol1 with the structural upgrade plus the dj armboard and a new mat from sound hifi. Took my ortofon blue 2m off my debut fortunately fairly easy to mount and align.

Plugged it in and wow, whole different ballgame, fantastic sounding vinyl, really makes the debut seem primitive, well worth going down this route.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts