Just got a pair of Mordaunt Short Aviano 6s

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I just got a pair of Mordaunt Short Aviano 6's to replace an ageing pair of Mission 732i's partnered with a Yam AS 500, rega planar 2 and a Yamaha cdx-496. They’ve been tempting me since I got them on Thursday. So their Kinda broke in and I love them!! :) What a beautiful pair of speakers. Fed them some Cocteau Twins and they when so smooth like butter and controlled. I shall post more reactions as and when I can.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
I was tempted by these for a second system, but only heard the bigger brother the aviano 8 which were a little too big

I ended up with the tannoty V4, which I like the sound of, but the MS aviano 6 speakers look much nicer,

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Gladly, their strong points are tonality, timbre, timing and soundstage. The musical presentation is very involving even at low volumes with impressive instrumental separation, they’re also very easily driven sounding louder than my old missions that where supposedly more sensitive. The spec sheet quotes they go from 38hertz upwards and to my ears that’s OK, Mr Squire’s RM1999 on Yes’s TFTO hits the mark.

So all in all, great sounding floorstanders with a genuine 3D soundstage and at a great price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts