Just been into my local Sevenoaks

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just been into my local Sevenoaks to look at the Monitor Audio BX5s as advertised on the website at £449. I was told that the price was £499.

In my nearest Audio-T I was told the price and offers are "as per website".

My guess is that the Sevenoaks who has a competitor about six doors away, has them priced @ £499 so they are price matching (up).

As for their "Cracking Easter offers" between 23rd and 30th which is "£449 Inc Free Pioneer NAW1 iPod Speaker System (worth £99)" I bet that won't apply at the local Sevenoaks either.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I think sevenoaks and audio t are in the process of some sort of colaboration/merger/takeover etc so that could explain this...

A

Anonymous

If you check the sevenoaks website they are the same company, so why the different prices? I think they are franchises, and charge what they like.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Marineman, just to clarify, the Sevenoaks Easter offers don't start until Saturday, April 23rd - at which point the price on the BX5s should be £449 as per our news story. They may well still be £499 today before the sale promotion starts at the weekend.

And yes, Sevenoaks and Audio T are in the process of merging, but it's my understanding that the deal is still not finalised. Clickety

marineman said:
If you check the sevenoaks website they are the same company, so why the different prices? I think they are franchises, and charge what they like.

Although adverts say they have merged, they won't offically become a collaboration until later in the summer, between June and August. I got the info from Audio-T Epsom a few weeks back.

Edit - Sorry Andy, we posted virtually the same time.

A

Anonymous

I did state the offer was between 23rd - 30th. I will call in then to see if offers are available. Have not made my mind up on the BX5s as yet, a local shop has a pair of used Castle Compact Columns I have my eye, but don't have facilities to audition them, and haven't found a review yet.

A

Anonymous

marineman said:
I did state the offer was between 23rd - 30th. I will call in then to see if offers are available. Have not made my mind up on the BX5s as yet, a local shop has a pair of used Castle Compact Columns I have my eye, but don't have facilities to audition them, and haven't found a review yet.

I'm currently demo'ing the M/A BX5's with my Marantz in my 2nd system. Picked them up today from Audio T and have been offered the sale deal (£449 plus the Panasonic iPhone player worth £99 etc...)

Got them on home demo currently and they appear/sound to be doing a superb job
smiley-cool.gif

I've had them on all day and they're softening up now... Had 1.fm 'chillout' radio station on all day too and the sound is getting better & better

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
hifilover1979 said:
marineman said:

I'm currently demo'ing the M/A BX5's with my Marantz in my 2nd system. Picked them up today from Audio T and have been offered the sale deal (£449 plus the Panasonic iPhone player worth £99 etc...)

Got them on home demo currently and they appear/sound to be doing a superb job
smiley-cool.gif

I've had them on all day and they're softening up now... Had 1.fm 'chillout' radio station on all day too and the sound is getting better & better

That's interesting about the MA BX5's, as I've read that possibly Marantz and MA aren't the ideal match up, yet your initial findings don't support that.

I'm demoing the MCR603 on Saturday along with some floor standers (Mission, Quad, and Epos). I might see if they've got some MA's to put in the mix.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Having seen this thread, Sevenoaks HQ has contacted us to confirm that the offer on the MA BX5s will be as stated in our original news story.

"The offer for the Monitor Audio BX5s is £449 (saving £50) as well as receiving a free Pioneer NAW1 iPod speaker system. We have asked all our stores, including Audio T outlets, to honour this price."

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I found that as they are merging they will both honour the deals that the other is doing,including buy now pay next year finance deals.The shops ,i have been lead to believe will have different lines on sale, Audio T with higher end hifi and Sevenoaks with home cinema and lower end hifi.Hence why locations such as Epsom are literally across the road from one another.

Time will tell if it stays like that as the guys working there have been lead to believe or if they will give half the shops the big chop !!

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Going back to the point over whether the bx5 will match with the marantz. Unlike recent MA offering's these speakers seem to be quite neutral, without the rear port plugs the bass shakes throughout the whole house at just above 9 o'clock. Going back to this offer Peter Tyson have been offering this price on the BX5's since launch.

A

Anonymous

emcc_3 said:
Going back to the point over whether the bx5 will match with the marantz. Unlike recent MA offering's these speakers seem to be quite neutral, without the rear port plugs the bass shakes throughout the whole house at just above 9 o'clock. Going back to this offer Peter Tyson have been offering this price on the BX5's since launch.

No free Pioneer NAW1 iPod speaker system (£99) at Peter Tyson.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts