June 2012 mag

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Nice article comparing the 4 makes of CD/amp combos.

Even more interesting is at the end of the article you mix and match and come up with 3 systems and recommended speakers.

However all 3 of these systems, after given the highest praise, are awarded 4 stars. Is this an error ?

Picked my copy this morning. Blimey, the Arcam combo gets the thumbs up, which is good to read.

Notice also that Wharfedale are re-introducing an Anniversary version of the Dentons. If they're anything like the XP2s from the 70s, they should roll off the shelves.

Had my first intro to Wharfedale courtesy of a friend's pair of Dentons.

Back to the all-in-one test, notice on the subsequent page there's a system builder, but omits the Arcams. Why? And what speakers did they perform best with?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
jules153 said:
Nice article comparing the 4 makes of CD/amp combos.

Even more interesting is at the end of the article you mix and match and come up with 3 systems and recommended speakers.

However all 3 of these systems, after given the highest praise, are awarded 4 stars. Is this an error ?

Yes, looks like that may be a production error. Our tech ed isn't in today so I'll need to double check with him tomorrow, but I suspect they should have been five stars.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Arcams performed best with KEF Q300s. As for them not being included in the three 'system builder' combos, that's because we felt there were other mix'n'match components that produced better results.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
And in reply to the OP, the three systems on page 51 of the June issue should indeed all have had five star ratings. A production error. Apologies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts