Jolida fx Glass dac

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i've been laid up in bed for the last week with pneumonia of all things, so between sleeping coughing & sweating i've had time to have a good old surf around the net.

i came across some really positive comments on another forum for the above dac, but have not heard of it before.i must admit it seems like everything i am after to liven up my p.c sourced music. So i was wondering if anyone had any hands on experience of Jolida in general & this dac in particular.

I don't think demo is on the cards but may be wrong as the sole importer/distributor has a good name apparently & the dac is said to out perform allcomers in the £500 region with cool running valves giving upgrade potential & apparently super smooth & natural presentaion

Any thoughts would be appreciated before my drug ravaged mind just presses the buy button.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
If it adheres to the Jolida house sound, it will give a lovely liquid, analogue like sound....which will be a far cry from the analytical and slightly clinical sound of some DACs on the market. Personally, I like the sound of it.

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Cno

You have more or less put the tin lid on it for me.

The only mild fly in the ointment might that by the time i have inevitably succumded to the allure of some more exotic valves, it will take the price close to the chord hd. But i think for a distinct flavour change i may just go for it

Thanks again

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
hooflungdung said:
Thanks Cno

You have more or less put the tin lid on it for me.

The only mild fly in the ointment might that by the time i have inevitably succumded to the allure of some more exotic valves, it will take the price close to the chord hd. But i think for a distinct flavour change i may just go for it

Thanks again

Report back.......I'd be intrigued to hear what you think.

I once tried to do something similar with an Audio Note 2.1x Sig (NOS DAC), but it didn't sound as well as my Linn Majik DS (in my system), though it sounds brilliant in an all AN system.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
hooflungdung said:
I don't think demo is on the cards but may be wrong as the sole importer/distributor has a good name apparently & the dac is said to out perform allcomers in the £500 region with cool running valves giving upgrade potential & apparently super smooth & natural presentaion

Any thoughts would be appreciated before my drug ravaged mind just presses the buy button.

The sole purpose of a DAC is to convert a digital signal into an anlogue one without loss or affect. If this is achieved, at least at the audible level) the DAC can be said to be transparent and is as good as it is possible to get. DAC chips are very cheap and a well implemented DAC that is effectively transparent can be had for £100 or less. More money spent will be buying extra functions, connections, fancy case and a badge.

Quite how much value you put into the extras is entirely personal, but you don't need to spend anywhere near £500 to achieve optimum results in the digital domain as far a sound quality goes.

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Will do, i think imay pull the trigger this weekend

My set up is the epitome of SS. Caspian Pre/Power, clean pure & resolving, i've been toying with the idea of new speakers in the form of Spendor SP2s or similar for a while.

i get the feeling that this dac would certainly have a soothing effect on proceedings, i will let you know how i get on

Cheers

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the injection of logic Overdose

I have seven dacs i my house only the one in m Roksan M2 cd player has a positive effect on the music that i listen to.

Hifi is fun ,i,ve got a few quid spare & like i say i may never be this drug addled again, so i'll give it a go & have a play.wer'e all big kids at the end of the day.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts