John Wick 2 UHD - Must Buy if you havent already

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought the John Wick UHD Box Set on UHD even though I already owned John Wick on Blu Ray. - just gone down to £39.99 I paid £45

John Wick is better on UHD but not a marvel.

John Wick 2 on the other hand even though only a 2K DI is a visual and sonic marvel - they have used some very clever cinematography and a Great Sound Track

Its a Must Buy - come the end I wanted to watch it over again which says a lot, I was missing the feeling I had when I watched it.

I will be watching it again asap

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
I bought the John Wick UHD Box Set on UHD even though I already owned John Wick on Blu Ray. - just gone down to £39.99 I paid £45

John Wick is better on UHD but not a marvel.

John Wick 2 on the other hand even though only a 2K DI is a visual and sonic marvel - they have used some very clever cinematography and a Great Sound Track

Its a Must Buy - come the end I wanted to watch it over again which says a lot, I was missing the feeling I had when I watched it.

I will be watching it again asap
Can be had here for £25 for both:

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/john-wick-1-2-4k-ultra-hd/11476257.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000010292982&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItrGLtKek1gIVD5SyCh3M_QWOEAQYASABEgLiFfD_BwE&gclsrc="aw.ds&dclid=COmZprenpNYCFY_HUQod6zIOUA"

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Gutted paid £45 from HMV - thats a steal
Just looked on AVF and it was £20 with a 10 per cent discount! Don't know if I will get a copy now, it's saying 3 days and some haven't got the Bourne 4k set for £25 yet. I will have to wait and see. Do you know on AVF where the 4K Blu-ray price thread is? Not the one on the bargain thread, some other one? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Found it:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/uhd-4k-disc-price-drop.2032081/page-97

I think me and you should follow this thread.
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Just saw this:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/the-purge-trilogy-4k-uhdbduv/185-9255.prd?skuId=185-9255&source=awin&awc=7090_1505404186_fffdd39666e77efb78539979240af715&sc_cmp=aff*awin*gmo*Skimlinks_78888&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_campaign=aff*Skimlinks_78888&dclid=COyGlc6DpdYCFS2mUQodmucMoQ

Looks a bit scary though, do you know if it's any good?

D

Deleted member 2457

If anyone wants the John Wick Blu-rays:

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/john-wick-1-2/11476255.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic_social&affil=awin&awc=2549_1505404601_8972898a6e83e4cd9b11b86ec618e2e7

D

Deleted member 2457

WHF review:

https://www.whathifi.com/features/john-wick-chapter-2-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I've got this on 1080p BD and it's a visual marvel, and a good film too!
Just watching John Wick on Amazon Prime - it's really good.

D

Deleted member 2457

It's been dispatched - hurray! *biggrin*

Watched all of one last night - pretty good.

D

Deleted member 2457

I got it yesterday and watched 2 in uhd and didn't like the picture. It was too dark for me and not in a good way, I preferred the Amazon Prime of John Wick 1 in HD - I thought that was awesome. Perhaps my future lies with Amazon Prime and not buying discs anymore. I seem to be disapointed with the vast majority of uhd discs!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
I got it yesterday and watched 2 in uhd and didn't like the picture. It was too dark for me and not in a good way, I preferred the Amazon Prime of John Wick 1 in HD - I thought that was awesome. Perhaps my future lies with Amazon Prime and not buying discs anymore. I seem to be disapointed with the vast majority of uhd discs!
have you got your TV calibrated probably ? As I noticed my self with a lot of films that felt like they were to much in the dark in a lot of scenes on blu-rays and 4k until I brought my self a calibration cd and that changed things a bit and you can always up the settings a bit to your liking .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gel I said to you ages ago your tv looked like it was crushing black detail. That was 2 oleds ago I think.
The panny would have displayed the film perfectly. It is a bit dark in places and grainy actually on a second watch but its still very clever in its use of light and the cinematography and settings etc.
The latest oppo firmware update has made my strip metadata picture darker so I have needed to adjust the slider for luminance but I have noticed its improved the overall contrast of the non hdr image

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You might need to adjust the brightness setting to fix this or is there any adjustment in the oppo 203 under the hdr option??

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
have you got your TV calibrated probably ? As I noticed my self with a lot of films that felt like they were to much in the dark in a lot of scenes on blu-rays and 4k until I brought my self a calibration cd and that changed things a bit and you can always up the settings a bit to your liking .
I just got it on bright isf day mode and dark isf mode at night time. Are calibration CDs easy to use? How much do they cost? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Gel I said to you ages ago your tv looked like it was crushing black detail. That was 2 oleds ago I think. The panny would have displayed the film perfectly. It is a bit dark in places and grainy actually on a second watch but its still very clever in its use of light and the cinematography and settings etc. The latest oppo firmware update has made my strip metadata picture darker so I have needed to adjust the slider for luminance but I have noticed its improved the overall contrast of the non hdr image
I accidentally updated my Oppo by wireless firmware update and now it seems to be behaving weird. I can't get the soundtrack up on the amp. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
You might need to adjust the brightness setting to fix this or is there any adjustment in the oppo 203 under the hdr option??
I got it on bright at the moment on HDR options with the TV, I will look at the Oppo settings too.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its supposed to just auto sync with the display as far as I am aware.
Really your running the pinnacle of current tv tech is should be epic for every disc with the exception of resolution some discs being 2k DI so not as crisp as the 4KDI movies.

After you updated did you factory reset the player?

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Its supposed to just auto sync with the display as far as I am aware. Really your running the pinnacle of current tv tech is should be epic for every disc with the exception of resolution some discs being 2k DI so not as crisp as the 4KDI movies.

Cheers Ellis! Just trying John Wick on HDR Standard not bright and it's looking better. I will try John Wick 2 after this one. Sorted my amp problem it needed to be on Standard mode.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
ellisdj said:
Its supposed to just auto sync with the display as far as I am aware. Really your running the pinnacle of current tv tech is should be epic for every disc with the exception of resolution some discs being 2k DI so not as crisp as the 4KDI movies.

Cheers Ellis! Just trying John Wick on HDR Standard not bright and it's looking better. I will try John Wick 2 after this one. Sorted my amp problem it needed to be on Standard mode.
John Wick 2 is looking good now too. I had my settings in bright mode and they needed to be in Standard. Bright mode was a cross between dark and bright and it wasn't here or there in the end.

D

Deleted member 2457

One problem with HDR Standard though you can't really tell the difference between HD and HDR Standard in a dark movie - they look almost identical. I think I might as well just going to stick to HD movies now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts