John Lewis launches broadband service

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
fr0g said:
ok. Sorry I don't live in the UK anymore...Just something I remembered when I lived near Stockport :)

Our branch dropped Monday closing in January 2002.

Have you been away a long time?

Well I moved away from the Stockport area in summer, 2000. Eee, it's been a while :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
The_Lhc said:
bigboss said:
Can we finally expect industry leading customer service for broadband?

We've always had that...

Not if my experience with AOL & my friend's experience with Virgin is anything to go by....

Perhaps not but somebody has to offer the industry leading customer service, pretty much by default I'd suggest.

Oh ok, I'll stop playing semantics, it's the ISP I'm with, Zen, probably always has been.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
On the (very) few occasions I have needed support from Virgin cable in the last 5 years, they have been excellent.

Before that it was BT. Their 'service' was to come to the house, test the circuit, and conclude that I was too far (1.2 miles) from the nearest digital exchange to have any hope of reliable service or decent speeds and that there was nothing that could be done to improve it. I ordered Virgin cable the same day.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
They also have a fibre optic package:

https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/fibre/

Good spot BB- it takes a GP to keep a finger on the pulse.

Even more interesting is that whereas Virgin(my ISP) tell me I cannot have their fibre optic service, JL says it can do it with an engineer's service visit.

I wonder if that is going to push Virgin along a bit quicker.(one can but hope and I feel a phone call coming on.)

Edit- phone call made and Virgin engineer's exploratory visit in the next 5 days to verify fibre capability.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Very interesting development:

https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/

Can we finally expect industry leading customer service for broadband?

mmm

20GB download usage & 16MB speed is absolute TUT for £24.50 per month with John Lewis. I can download that amount in around an hour or so.

The other John Lewis Broadband, fibre optic @ £38.50 a month with a speed of 38mb & 100GB download limit is also overpriced.

Currently we have the 50mb package at £28 with Virgin & it is actually runs at 51.2mb hard wired. This is soon to be raised to 100mb speed within the next 2 months( FOR THE SAME PRICE ), with unlimited downloads & we got a free Wi-Fi router, i believe most, if not all the major players give Wi-Fi routers away anyway as standard.

So yes i'm very happy with Virgin & was with NTL prior to Virgin. Since being with them i have had no real problems, in fact the internet has only gone down for a couple of hours maximum, two or maybe three times in the last 13 years, so pretty reliable in my book.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts