Can anyone offer any experience or opinions on these speakers? can only find reviews based on being studio speakers and not ones based on home hifi use.

Apart from being fugly the specs and features look great. Could be a better Kef ls50w and with the ability to choose your own dac/streamer. Is the price £1700 for just one speaker as I know with 'pro' audio equipment they don't normally sell speakers as pairs.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I finally just got my 708p's and they are wonderful. These are certainly the best speakers I have ever worked on. As some others have said, things that are mixed well sound great, and things that aren't don't. I have never heard kick drums sound so good. The kick at the top of Sir Duke sounds like it is right in front of you. Punchy isn't even the right word. Well recorded vocals are also just magical. I listened to Sarah Vaughan yesterday and I got it for the first time. Prince is perfection on these things. Everything also just sounds effortless. What I didn’t realize when I ordered these is that they are absolute beasts. Heavy and solid.

I will add that I am a composer, and these just get me excited about composing. They are alive, and lead me into better mixes and better sounds. I am having so much fun with them.

source

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got the last 3 series and based on that performance I really want to demo the 708p
I've actually arranged a demo soon comming up.

Having not heard them I'd also agree that these are in a higher league to the Kef ls50 wireless.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Having not heard them I'd also agree that these are in a higher league to the Kef ls50 wireless.

I think ls50w sound is achievable at a lower price; anytime small 5 inch driver trying to reproduce too much bass midrange suffers a lot.. many examples around..

I'm too going to test jbl 705p & 708p soon.. will report back

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lpv said:
Andrewjvt said:

I think ls50w sound is achievable at a lower price; anytime small 5 inch driver trying to reproduce too much bass midrange suffers a lot.. many examples around..

I'm too going to test jbl 705p & 708p soon.. will report back

Very true. Which is why AVI should not use midbass drivers that extend too high to do the job of the tweeter. They should just use quality tweeters with better low extension. And publish detailed measurements.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davidf said:
Vladimir said:
Very true. Which is why AVI should not use midbass drivers that extend too high to do the job of the tweeter. They should just use quality tweeters with better low extension. And publish detailed measurements.
Did you ever put that to Ashley James? :)

I just did. It's a hive mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts