Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
In the current (October 2012) issue of Home Cinema Choice there's a five-page article on the original making of Jaws and the digital restoration for Blu-Ray. Later, the actual Blu-Ray disc is rated at five stars for both picture and sound. However, I'll wait until its price drops from its current £15 to less than a tenner.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I ordered it from amazon on sunday & it arrived today, but it's my birthday next week so i think i will wait untill then before i watch it, good to know that the picture is fantastic ph, and for those of you that are good at maths i was twelve or thirteen when i saw it at the cinema.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

John Duncan said:
You're gonna need a bigger TV.

grin.gif

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
I was seven, birthday treat with my two best friends who were as equally petrified as I. My mum spent the entire duration of the film repeatedly issuing the now immortal and at the time equally useless line....."it's only plastic!"............happy days.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just waiting for my PJ to come back from receiving a service and a new lamp - but rest assured, it'll be the first watch when it does! I caught a bit of it on one of the HD channels a few months ago, and it looked great on there, so I sort of know what to expect :)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
camdxr said:
I was seven, birthday treat with my two best friends who were as equally petrified as I. My mum spent the entire duration of the film

There'll be a good reason why a boy of seven, and two friends, were watching a film that is (according to the Tesco entertainement website) Certificate 12 ....?? Even if your mother was with you!

Son_of_SJ said:
the actual Blu-Ray disc is rated at five stars for both picture and sound.

Hi Son_of_SJ

Jaws is an excellent film and good to hear that picture and sound quality on BR have received top marks :) I've just finished watching The Hunger Games which i feel has excellent picture and audio quality. However unlike Jaws i thought The Hunger Games was just plain boring :? Yawn :(

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Watched it on Saturday night. Really good on all fronts. I heard stuff I've never heard before, I thought it had extra scenes added.

A

Anonymous

Saw it recently on the big screen and now on blu-ray. Universal have done a magnificent job on both sound and vision.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
You're gonna need a bigger TV.

Wow, bigger than my 64" Samsung? What a shame that I can't afford even the cheaper (£2,500) of the two 70" Sharp LED TVs, not to mention the £4,500 80" Sharp, or the £7,500 75" Samsung. Still, there's always the £25,000 84" Sony KD-84X9005!

Meanwhile, Jaws on Blu-ray is still £15 online, so I've a bit more waiting to do until it drops to £10 ....

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I second that! Amazing job on this release! The lossless soundmix and visual restoration is truly great. Once again makes you realise the true potential of HD. I wish Universal had done an equally good job on Speilbergs 'Jurassic Park' but that one was rather disappointing (PQ anyway).

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/jaws-includes-digital-and-ultraviolet-copies/10602345.html

Now just £10.95

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

£9.95 at Zavvi or thehut

http://www.thehut.com/blu-ray/jaws-includes-digital-and-ultraviolet-copies/10602345.html

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/jaws-includes-digital-and-ultraviolet-copies/10602345.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts