January issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. I was just wondering about what there is to look forward to in the January issue. Any details would be much appreciated. Also, what kind of new technology is going to be featured in the new Ultimate Guide?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Here y'go...

First tests
15 pages of new kit, including the Apple iPhone and the Canton Chrono 5.1 speakers, along with Cambridge Audio's new Azur TT50 turntable

Style speakers
We put seven top packages through their sonic paces

Budget HD players
Affordable high-def spinners

DAB radio round-up
Two dozen of the cutest and best-sounding DABs around

46-47in TVs
We check out the best of the big-value large-screen LCDs

CD/DVD storage
Six products that'll keep your lounge tidy

One-make hi-fi systems
We mix and match so you can pick your ideal set-up

Next Big Thing
Denon's wireless table radio

Vinyl revival
Spruce up your turntable

Temptations
Striking stuff to drool over

Separate posting from AC will cover UGNT2008 contents

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
One-make hi-fi systems

[/quote]

My favorite yearly test, Hope Cyrus (if they are competing) have some decent speakers this year!

jules

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
A friend of mine has the mag already. it isnt sposed to be out til tommorrow is it...? he got it from a certain well known stationers with a very common surname. This may be no ones fault, and it certainly isnt yours, WHFS&V, but I am most un-amused. i had it in me diary and everything. HARRUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPHHHH!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm supposing you mean the Ultimate Guide to New Technology 2008, rather than the January issue of What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision (I sure hope so: the latter's still at the printers!)

We do send out copies of both the Ultimate Guides and standard issues to retailers in time for them to be on the shelves on the Thursday - if they choose to put them out beforehand, that's naughty-but-efficient of them! Though as many previous posts have suggested, sometimes it's the other way around - ie retailers have the issues, but haven't got round to displaying them yet...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ummm as at 5.30pm when I left the office, we hadn't even received our office copies from the printer yet of WHFSV January. That January issue of WHFSV is on sale from December 13.

Maybe he had the Ultimate Guide to New Tech 2008, on sale from tomorrow - it's not unknown for shop staff to jump the gun like this, rather than adhering to onsale dates.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The one-make systems test is in the January issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, which as Clare and Andrew mentioned is out next week on Thursday Dec 13th (assuming that well-known retailer doesn't pop it on the shelves a day early like the Ultimate Guide!)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I think if you could do "the best of temptation" it would go down very well indeed....or I have to cut them all out and archive them myself? at least pls considering it boss!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I bought my first WHF mag back in 1989 (my 1st year in uk) and that got me hook in HiFi. I couldn't understand English too well back then (and even now!) but the pictures were lovely and slowly I learn to read and write English from WHF magazine.

I still buy your mag now but I would be telling you a porky pie if I said that I read more than 15 pages of it! Temptations is the first thing I read and then hunt for a 2 channels tests and pray that you wouldn't test the same old Cyrus again! oh I am ranting....sorry.

A

Anonymous

Hi i have noticed a mistake in the mag in the 46in tv tests the sony 46x3500 is priced at £1900 but thats the price for the 46w3000. im confused was this the wrong tv

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts