Jamo D600..I Give up

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I have been looking at this speaker system for a while now, and after reading the review on this very site I thought about time to audition. I went to the Jamo site, went to the dealer locator there were a fair few dealers, so I looked for the dealers near me East Sussex, I knew that I may have to travel with in reason, So after about 12 calls to a number of dealers I gave up none of them dealt with Jamo, some for a number of years, I emailed Jamo and asked who was the distributor for the Uk. No reply to 3 emails, I found Bdg or something on those lines were distributors I found them myself, spoke to a lady and explained my prodicament, at this time I was on there website and found a dealer near me Hastings as I was searching the lady said she was looking on there own website for a dealer, so I was basically doing what she was doing, any way she went onto say if no luck call back. Called the dealer in Hastings they do not have the facilitys nor products anymore, basically with the current economy it is not viable to carry 4000 grands worth of speakers, which is fair enough, so I am waiting for call back from the dealer as to wheather than can get hold of the system to dem. Had a call today saying that no dealer in the Uk has this product to dem as it is to big a system to install in the average home based on THX Specs :O :O , So there you go what a complete waste of time, I would be interested how what hifi got said syastem from jamo that is not sold, It may also be an idea for the mag to inform readers where they can get hold of a reviewed stystem.... Monitor Audio then

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would assume that like other speaker manufacturers, Jamo would only appoint a selected few, those that can offer the right demonstration facilities for that speaker package. Even if most of their dealers weren't in a position to keep the package, I would've thought that Jamo would've made sure that the package would have some sort of presence somewhere on the high street. I'm finding it hard to believe that there isn't a single dealer out there with it though. If we hadn't just signed up to keep Ken Kreisel's new range of speakers due out this year, it's probably something we'd have looked at.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I have spoken to BBG and they confirm that there is no dealer that carrys this at all in the Uk, However there a few selected dealers that carry the D500 System, just seems bizarre.....

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Frank harvey it is very strange that Jamo or Thx would say that this paticular system is not suitable for the average home surely that is for the customer to decide, I can understand living in a small 1 bed flat would not be ideal but surely most homes can accomadate a decent speaker system with in reason, does this mean that any other THX Spec system is not suitable, as you point out KREISEL were THX or when they were M&K and they were well recieved by many people, why then would Jamo be any different, I would say the M&K 150THX system was bigger than the Jamos D600 and many customers were very pleased, and even now many still have said system today, may be I will look at KK-Sound...... :?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've heard back from Jamo's PR - they're trying to sort a demo for you. Is it OK if I pass on your email address to them? Or, if you prefer, I can email you their contact details.... Let me know :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It depends whether they're talking about the size of the room or about the room itself. THX speaker systems generally have the room built around them to fully take advantage of the THX requirements.

Although it may not be suitable for the average sized room (I don't know, I'm not familiar with it) there are plenty of people out there who will have a big enough room.

I still think Jamo would've had at least four or five showrooms around the UK with their top package in.

I think THX is becoming a less desirable 'badge' - its not what it once was. Most people can't play at Reference levels, and most people have for something in their audio chain that isn't THX. They probably won't have the speakers in the ideal place either.

I also think that THX didn't do themselves any favours when they started certifying desktop computer speakers. For cinema use, it definitely has its benefits, but I feel it should really belong on higher end processors rather than sub £500 receivers. That's just my thoughts though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts