Jamo A102HCS5 and Sony STR DG-820 Compatibility

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I’m new here and this is my first post so Hi everyone. 

My Sony DAV-S800 has finally stopped work (no sound comingthrough front left and rear left channel).

I want to upgrade to Jamo A102HCS5 speakers and a Sony STR DG-820 AV Receiver.

My concern isthat the Jamo speakers are rated at 6 ohms and on the back of the Sony it saysconnect 8-16 ohm speakers.

If I don't drive the speakers a maximum will the two becompatible with one another or do I need to get some 8 ohm speakers for theSony Receiver?

Thanks inadvance for anyone who is able to offer any advice.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Dango there should be no problems with them running in perfect harmony............

I got the Jamo A102HCS5 paired with Onkyo TX-SR606 and am very pleased with this set-up......

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comment Torres, do you use your PS3 as the Blue Ray player for you system, and if so how well does it perform in your opion, as I 'm going to use it for my system.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Indeed i do use the PS3 as my BluRay, actually thats why i bought it, i hardly ever play games on it-occassinally with my son......... its a great player, quick loading times, also with the latest firmware the upscaler has improved alot...........Im only gonna get a standalone for the playroom.....cheap as chips nowadays
emotion-1.gif

Interestenly, i also have a Toshiba EP30 (HD DVD) and the picture is fantastic......id swear some of the movies are better than BluRay.......so much so that i still buy a lot of HD DVD's

You wont be disappointed when you get upgrade and hear the HD Audio..........

TRENDING THREADS