• Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

At Tescos! Fill your boots!
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Linkage here

http://www.tesco.com/direct/james-bond-007-complete-blu-ray-collection/575-8106.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=575-8106

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
£89.97, currently unavailable.

That went quick! There was also a code for new customers making it £40!

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
The_Lhc said:
£89.97, currently unavailable.

That went quick! There was also a code for new customers making it £40!

Back in stock mysteriously...but £89.97 perhaps it was a mistake?? I would have snapped that up for £50, gutted.

The deal held for a couple of hours then got changed. Certainly seemed like a good price!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That MUST have been a mistake...I thought I got a good bargain at £75 at Amazon!

If it was a mistake, I hope Tesco are honourable enough to complete the sales and not issue a refund accompanied by an apologetic email. Tesco are surely big enough to take a small hit.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Yep must have been some sort of mistake...shame as I was going to buy it at that price, at that level it's a real bargain but at £75 i'm just not tempted as i'm sure it will drop in price after xmas :cry:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Tesco has not honoured sales at £50, claiming to be a pricing error. This seems to happen quite frequently at Tesco, & has been rapped by BBC Watchdog before.

That is bad! Not impressed at all. Don't buy their excuse either. I am glad I avoid Tescos!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
Tesco has not honoured sales at £50, claiming to be a pricing error. This seems to happen quite frequently at Tesco, & has been rapped by BBC Watchdog before.

That is bad! Not impressed at all. Don't buy their excuse either. I am glad I avoid Tescos!

Very naughty!! How can they get away with that?? Surely they should honour the price shown when you purchased it or is there some bit of small print i've missed somewhere? Or is it simply a case of the same law applying as in retail stores where they don't have to honour any pricing mistakes, I worked in retail for a while and every store I worked at honoured any pricing mistake as a gesture of goodwill even though they didn't have to and for Tesco to not do so if it's the same peice of legislation is just poor...a company that big could easily write of any losses eh!

I will certainly think twice before I consider ordering from them, I haven't used them for entertainment products and with things like this I feel I've done the right thing up until now and I will continue to avoid them!

BTW it seems Tesco Entertainment are a seperate company to Tesco groceries which is why you can't use your clubcard vouchers on the site, it was purchased by Tesco to add to it's umbrella...anyone know anymore about this?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy said:
bigboss said:

Very naughty!! How can they get away with that?? Surely they should honour the price shown when you purchased it or is there some bit of small print i've missed somewhere? Or is it simply a case of the same law applying as in retail stores where they don't have to honour any pricing mistakes, I worked in retail for a while and every store I worked at honoured any pricing mistake as a gesture of goodwill even though they didn't have to and for Tesco to not do so if it's the same peice of legislation is just poor...a company that big could easily write of any losses eh!

The price is an invitation to tender, not a promise, so they don't have to accept your purchase, particularly where the price shown is clearly nonsense (like an iMac for £25 or something). In this case though 50 quid isn't so far away from the actual price (£80-90) to be considered unbelievable I'd suggest, so this is little bit naughty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts