Jack White - Lazaretto (Ultra LP)

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
It's a nice gimmick and some of the features are unique but I'd rather just have a normal LP.
My copy sounds more crackly than some of my 40 year old albums

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Is this the album that has one side that plays from inside to outside, if it is I presume they have something on the outside to stop the stylus falling off the end when you fall asleep and totalling the stylus.

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
Yes. It has other features too. Some have never been done before.

http://thirdmanstore.com/jack-white-lazaretto-12-vinyl

ULTRA LP FEATURES:

- 180 gram vinyl
- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
- Side A plays from the inside out
- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
- Both sides end with locked grooves
- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
- Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
- Different running order from the CD/digital version
- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Is this the album that has one side that plays from inside to outside, if it is I presume they have something on the outside to stop the stylus falling off the end when you fall asleep and totalling the stylus.

? The same thing that stops the needle from barrelling into the label in the middle of a normal record, a closed groove.

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Fenton Beasley said:
It's a nice gimmick and some of the features are unique but I'd rather just have a normal LP.My copy sounds more crackly than some of my 40 year old albums

sound fabulous to me on my Pro-ject Debut Carbon with Ortofon Red. Just been una le to play the 78rpm bonus track. I have to get an old Technics sleeping in the basement for that I don't know when I can find the time in this busy days.

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
I think some new records are just badly made. I'm sure that's been the case since vinyl began. I might get the domestos and brillo pads out on it tonight.

I couldn't be bothered with these hidden label tracks. I had a quick listen but I don't think I'm missing much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts