Question I've bought an Audiolab 6000A Play I want to get the best out of it.

spacecadet

Jan 21, 2021
Visit site
Will the Marantz CD6006UK be suitable? What about my old Project 1 turntable? Which 'bookshelf' speakers are going to be well driven by it, I 'm guessing my old Mission 760i SE's are done? What about interconnects and speaker cables?

What price ranges should i look at for my upgrades? I'm used to fishing in budget waters, but with the Audiolab I think I need to start looking higher.

Gray

No one falling over themselves to shout about their favorite kit? Shame. ;)
They could tell you about their favourites, doubt it would help you though.
You mentioned cables, I suggest you don't spend too much on them.
For a visual match you could go with Audiolab's own CD transport (and you wouldn't be paying for an inbuilt DAC that you didn't need).
Speakers (and the room they're in) will have the biggest influence on the sound - all down to your taste.
One person's perfect, is another's too bright, too bassy, too lively, not lively enough.........:sleep:

Reactions: nopiano and Al ears

spacecadet

Jan 21, 2021
Visit site
They could tell you about their favourites, doubt it would help you though.
One person's perfect, is another's too bright, too bassy, too lively, not lively enough.........:sleep:
I cannot disagree with one word of that...but I thought if people had recommendations of speakers, particularly in the appropriate price range, it could form a starting point for shortlisting a few for auditioning. I always listen before I buy and I will be giving those KEF a run out.

The suggestion about the Audiolab 6000CDT is well taken, I do like the clean lines. I might put the transport and the Marantz side by side too. Ta.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts