ITV1 HD v ITV2 HD

daveh75

I'm presuming it's bandwidth...

ITV 1 HD broadcasts using the older DVB-S standard (like BBC HD and Luxe TV HD) which is a less efficient standard, whereas ITV2 HD is broadcasting in the newer more efficient DVB-S2 standard (like all other HD channels on Sky).

I've mentioned it before, but there is four regional versions of ITV1 HD, two of which carry DD 2.0 sound but have a picture res of 1440 x 1080i the other two have a res of 1920 x 1080i but only have MP2 sound, which suggests to me a bandwidth limitation

Plus of course, ITV2 HD is being funded by subscriptions
emotion-5.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:

I've mentioned it before, but there is four regional versions of ITV1 HD, two of which carry DD 2.0 sound but have a picture res of 1440 x 1080i the other two have a res of 1920 x 1080i but only have MP2 sound, which suggests to me a bandwidth limitation

Anymore info in this Dave? My region is East Anglia.

daveh75

Thaiman:daveh75:

Anymore info in this Dave? My region is East Anglia.

The four regions are,

ITV1 HD London - 1440 x 1080i with AC-3 (DD2.0) audio

ITV1 HD Meridian South, as above...

ITV1 HD Granada - 1920 x 1080i with MP2 audio

ITV1 HD Central West - as above...

A

Anonymous

As requested elsewhere, does anyone know the manual settings for ITV2 HD so it can be set-up on Sky here in Ireland, and why is it that Sky won't make that information available to Sky subscribers like me if you contact them directly ?

Am I not already paying for it through my additional HD package subscription??
emotion-18.gif

daveh75

As i said in the other thread you can't manually add/tune channels with a Symbol Rate of 29,500 - In short you won't/can't get ITV2 HD unless Sky/ITV decide to include it on the Irish EPG...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:As i said in the other thread you can't manually add/tune channels with a Symbol Rate of 29,500 - In short you won't/can't get ITV2 HD unless Sky/ITV decide to include it on the Irish EPG...

Seems to be a rediculous situation alright and is very annoying that we have to go searching for ITV as it is !! Is this because TV3 has a licence to broadcast ITV programmes and is causing the problem and is it in any way heading towards a resolution or what ??

daveh75

ITV1 HD is down to licensing issues (as it is in Scotland) but these issues don't effect ITV2 HD afaik, so not sure why they've chosen not to include it in Ireland. No idea if/when resolution is in the pipeline.

Though personally i'd consider not receiving them a bonus
emotion-5.gif

ITVs output is utter garbage imo, just hope they use that subscription money the'll get from ITV2/3/4 HD to buy/produce some content worth watching...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

ITV1 HD is down to licensing issues (as it is in Scotland) but these issues don't effect ITV2 HD afaik, so not sure why they've chosen not to include it in Ireland. No idea if/when resolution is in the pipeline.

Though personally i'd consider not receiving them a bonus
emotion-5.gif

ITVs output is utter garbage imo, just hope they use that subscription money the'll get from ITV2/3/4 HD to buy/produce some content worth watching...

You're probably right that I'm not missing much by not getting ITV2 HD but they are quick to accept the Irish Euro subscribtion money to fund these stations that we can't ultimately receive...surely there is something very wrong in principle here ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts