iTunes

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
So following on from an earlier quesiton, I am still considering whether it is worth going down the route of computer based audio instead of simply getting up to change the CD!

At the moment I have all my CD ripped using Apple lossless and that is stored on a shared iTunes library on a Mac Mini. This Mac Mini is on the same network as my AV amp - a Denon AVR-X4200W which fees an M2 Capsian via the pre outs to process the stereo signal - but I cannot see how that amp can stream audio from the iTunes library. I could open the shared library on an iOS device, play it, connect it to the Denon via Airplay which would then pre-out the signal to the M2. That however seems to involve rather a lot of steps.

Is there is a simpler way to do this or do I need some kind of network media player to connect to the itunes library and then work as a DAC?

Nathan

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You connect the Mac Mini to your amp, plug a display into it temporarily so you can start iTunes, then disconnect the display and use it headlessly via the Remote app on your phone.

daveh75

MajorFubar said:
You connect the Mac Mini to your amp, plug a display into it temporarily so you can start iTunes, then disconnect the display and use it headlessly via the Remote app on your phone.

SSHing into the Mac and using the 'open -a itunes' command would be less faff

Paul.

daveh75 said:
MajorFubar said:

SSHing into the Mac and using the 'open -a itunes' command would be less faff

Wouldnt setting iTunes as a start up item be even less faff?

TRENDING THREADS