iTunes not reading some CDs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the process of ripping all of my CDs to my laptop via iTunes (lossless).

Every now and then a loaded CD doesn't appear on the left hand side of iTunes. The CD is definitely being read by the drive, because in Windows Explorer the cda files are visible. As iTunes is the default player, the program loads when the said disc is inserted into the machine. The CDs are in perfect condition, and I have 'error correction' is checked. My updates are current.

Oh and these are proprietary CDs, not copies.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

iMark

A couple of versions of iTunes ago there was a problem with connecting to the Gracenote database and CDs wouldn't load properly on my MacBook.

Have you got the latest version of iTunes installed?

iMark

Could be that the CD drive is a bit temparemental with some discs. I also have a LaCie DVD burner that sometimes reads better than the drive in my MacBook. Especially with old discs that are a bit dirty.

A

Anonymous

But that's just it - the disc is being read by the drive but it's not showing up in iTunes. It is showing up in WMP.

A

Anonymous

No joy on those - might see if I can post something on Apple's website.

A

Anonymous

No joy on those - might see if I can post something on Apple's website. Incidentally where does iTunes store album artwork?

chrishare

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I have found a couple of CD's wouldn't rip on my Dell desktop - or they would literally take 24hrs and sound awful, but they would on my Fujitsu laptop - might be worth experimenting with alternative authorised machines?

chrishare

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I have found a couple of CD's wouldn't rip on my Dell desktop - or they would literally take 24hrs and sound awful, but they would on my Fujitsu laptop - might be worth experimenting with alternative authorised machines?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts